My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

New 2000T won't play HD recordings made on old box

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I don't believe it, you were right in youdr predictions. The box has just rebooted while on Youtube. One. Of the main reasons I got this box was to access iplayer etc. It's just a basic recorder without.

| Wed 23 Mar 2016 14:57:58 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hubb - 9 hours ago  » 
    I don't believe it, you were right in youdr predictions. The box has just rebooted while on Youtube. One. Of the main reasons I got this box was to access iplayer etc. It's just a basic recorder without.

TBH that would have been at the very bottom of my list or reasons for purchasing the box. There are so many other easy ways of getting on demand content these days and have all the players not just BBC iPlayer. Example - Now TV box £14.00 and you get all the big 5 terrestrial players plus lots more.

| Thu 24 Mar 2016 0:07:30 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Humax are saying that it is not the unit that is at fault as they are testing one exactly the same with no issues. I would get a now TV box but I only have 2 HDMI inputs in my old Sony plasma (which has an excellent picture quality in HD, better than most LED for sale now)

| Thu 24 Mar 2016 10:44:21 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hubb - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Humax are saying that it is not the unit that is at fault as they are testing one exactly the same with no issues. I would get a now TV box but I only have 2 HDMI inputs in my old Sony plasma (which has an excellent picture quality in HD, better than most LED for sale now)

I only have three but now have 7 items going into TV. HDMI hub will solve all your problems, one cable out of hub goes into TV whilst in my case up to 6 devices can be plugged into it, it doesn't need any power and has a small remote to select the devices - solved.

Whatever Humax are telling you about the issue the fact remains the problem is real - either that or I am imagining the reboots.

| Thu 24 Mar 2016 11:18:03 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

The now tv box looks a great deal, and I almost bought one except it doesn't go to full HD which makes it pretty useles really.

Just got this back off Humax

[i]Dear Sir

Thank you for contacting Humax.

I'm sorry that you are having this issue with your Humax Box.

If you are having issues connecting your Humax Box to the Network, internet or On Demand Players then please take the following steps:

• Turn the Humax Box off with the remote or the button on the front of the box
    • Turn the Humax Box off at the mains
    • Power down and then turn the Broadband Hub/Router off at the mains
    • Leave the Broadband Hub/Router off for 5 minutes
    • Turn the Broadband Hub/Router back on at the mains
    • Wait another 5 minutes and turn the Humax Box on at the mains. Then with the remote or the button on the front of the box power it on.

If after performing these steps and you do not have access you will need to add your Humax Box in your modem/router as an exception with full access in your security settings.

You will need to ensure that the following ports are opened on your router for the Humax Box.

HTTP: 80
    HTTP: 8080
    SSL: 443

If you are not seeing the router/hub and cannot connect then the issue can be caused by the default WiFi encryption protocol on the router. Make sure that the Hub is set to "WPA" auto or "WPA-PSK"(Tkip). If the box is unable to connect then you would need to try the router on WEP temporarily to rule out any WiFi security issues.

You may need to have your ISP walk you through through the process of changing either the port information or the WiFi protocol.

| Thu 24 Mar 2016 13:52:10 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hubb - 1 hour ago  » 
    The now tv box looks a great deal, and I almost bought one except it doesn't go to full HD which makes it pretty useles really.

None of the catch up services have Full HD. Only iplayer has HD playback (720p25) which the NOW TV box supports.

| Thu 24 Mar 2016 14:59:11 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

In that case the iplayer on the Humax ( when working) is still better at 1080 full HD. If the best a now tv box can do is 720 it is limited. Ditto for film streaming.

| Thu 24 Mar 2016 15:17:21 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hubb - 13 minutes ago  » 
    In that case the iplayer on the Humax ( when working) is still better at 1080 full HD. If the best a now tv box can do is 720 it is limited. Ditto for film streaming.

Iplayer HD on the Humax is 720p25. The only full HD catch up service is the paid for one on a sky box, which works by downloading content to the box internal hard disk.

Youtube, Netflix and Amazon Prime have full HD (and 4K) content.

| Thu 24 Mar 2016 15:32:29 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hubb - 23 minutes ago  » 

I'm not sure where you are accessing your information or if it's simply the fact you haven't quite understood it. However, Graham is absolutely right in what he asserts regarding the catchup services and HD content.

I find the 2000T poor in that respect, the 1000s is much better and offers a more diverse service. Seriously, do yourself a favour and forget about the 2000T for apps and make a small investment in one of the alternatives.

| Thu 24 Mar 2016 15:44:50 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

IplayerHD stream analysis.

General

Format : MPEG-4
    Codec ID : M4V
    File size : 750 MiB
    Duration : 43mn 45s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 2 395 Kbps