My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

New 9150T Owner

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

abarthman

Hello from sunny Edinburgh - well, it is today, anyway!

I've recently picked up a bargain-priced 9150T and am now starting to get familiar with it.

I've owned an original Series 1 Thomson TiVo for many years and a Thomson DTI6300 for two or three years, so I use them as a benchmark for the 9150T.

The TiVo has always been rock-solid and totally reliable and I don't think the user interface and EPG can be bettered.

The Thomson DTI6300 has been, erm, more challenging, missed recordings, crashing, unresponsive interface, noisy, etc, but I've recently replaced the dodgy capacitors, so I hope it will start to behave itself now!

First impressions of the 9150T - excellent quality playback and great features, very quiet (compared to the DTI9300) remote a bit more cumbersome than I'd like (what's with the sliding flap?), clunky EPG and not very intuitive user interface (in comparison to TiVo, but maybe I just need to get used to it), occasionally unresponsive when searching for shows using on-screen keyboard.

Quite happy with it so far, but I did notice some skipping on a couple of recordings of The Bridge. I've posted in the relevant forum, since it seems to be a known issue.

| Wed 23 May 2012 11:57:13 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

(I have deleted the post you state was in error)

| Wed 23 May 2012 12:00:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

abarthman

Thanks for the welcome and for deleting my other post, Barry.

| Wed 23 May 2012 12:01:52 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.