My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

New Aura owner - observations and questions

(3 posts)
  1. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Hi - I've just had my new Aura for 1 day now and it seems great. Just a few questions (probably coming from the angle of an FVP-5000 owner):

1. Can you change the order of the favourite channel list?
    2. When the favourite channel list is selected in the guide, on the 5000T, this also applied to when you were moving up and down the channels without the guide on display. This doesn't seem to be the case for the Aura so I end up flicking through loads of channels I never watch. Is there a way of making this work?
    3. What is the best way of streaming videos from a DLNA server? Any recommended apps for this?
    4. Can't seem to cancel a scheduled recording from the remote app, but not a major issue.
    5. Navigation and UI is much better than the 5000T
    6. It seems like when you switch it off, it comes back on showing the menu or screen you were last on. Is there anyway you can set it to default to Live TV?

All in all I'm pleased with it so far

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 9:53:26 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try Plex and Kodi as the dlna client

https://beebom.com/use-kodi-guide/

You can create up to 5 groups of favourite channels with each one with up to 10 channels if I remember correctly . FVP- Settings Channel And broadcast. Once created while viewing the guide Press red - Among the other epg filters are your favourite lists.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 10:20:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Purely my own personal preference - I keep trying to get on with Plex and Kodi (for years now) using my Synology NAS but for me it never seems to improve. In the end I revert to VLC open the folder I want and play the content. It's simple and it works well on the Aura.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 11:24:28 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.