My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New BBC regional channel won't record on HDR-1100S

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emelcee

I'm new so hope this is the right place. My local regional BBC1 West on Freesat (channel 101/965) always fails to record on my HDR-1100S 2TB. I can record other BBC1 regions successfully. Also, if I select channel 101 while e.g. News at Ten is on air, I can't 'Watch Live' but I can 'Watch from Start' when it loads in iPlayer. Any advice gratefully received.

| Sat 4 Mar 2023 18:28:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hello Emelcee,

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried doing a soft reset : press power button for 8 seconds and see what happens when PVR has rebooted? If this doesn't work, try unplugging for 30 minutes, next trick if not resolved, a factory reset, but write down your schedules make note of app passwords as these will be erased. Recordings are kept. Hopefully given you some help! Please let forum know how you get on. Could be a simple bug, or hard drive might even have a buffer problem, but try these techniques first. John L

| Sat 4 Mar 2023 22:10:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emelcee

Tks jdlfreetime,

Had to wait until tonights local news to be sure but my problem is now fixed. The soft reset and unplugging for 30 minutes did not work but the factory reset did the trick. Additional benefit is that setting series link recording is now much quicker.

| Sun 5 Mar 2023 23:44:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Emelcee - 11 hours ago  » 
    Tks jdlfreetime,
    Had to wait until tonights local news to be sure but my problem is now fixed. The soft reset and unplugging for 30 minutes did not work but the factory reset did the trick. Additional benefit is that setting series link recording is now much quicker.

Hi Emelcee,

Glad you managed to get it fixed. Yes the factory reset does seem to do the trick. Normally the channels are updated automatically, occasionally you have to either do a factory reset or a manual retune. Glad it's working for you! John L

| Mon 6 Mar 2023 11:10:54 #4 |
  5. grumpybrush

grumpybrush

Donator ££££

I had a similar situation with my HDR 1100S. Scoured the manual & there was reference to Channel search but no instructions. I had recordings I wanted to keep & I knew that the reset would remove them & the device would be set to the status out of the box & a new setup process would start. I contacted Freesat & was given the instructions to go into settings & at the display of the 6 panels/pages to use the right directional arrows with 3 presses. This reveals a "new" panel for Freesat channel search & this did the trick. Shame it wasn't documented & wonder if this feature has been added over the air at some point.

| Wed 8 Mar 2023 9:18:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emelcee

Hi Grumpybrush,

I am now wondering whether 'Channel Search' would have fixed my problem without doing a factory reset. However, I can confirm what John L said that doing a reset does not delete existing recordings - and setting up series link recordings is now much much quicker than before.

| Wed 8 Mar 2023 10:56:04 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.