My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New Box - Reporting 'No Signal'

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DevonLad

I have a brand new 1000s that I am trying to install but it just keeps reporting 'No Signal' during the initial setup. It shows 'Searching for Signal' and then 'Checking Antennae Type', but then reports 'No Signal' on both tuners.

I have disconnected the cables and put them back on my old PVR and the signals are fine. I have checked the connections are good on the 1000 several times.

Any thoughts? (apart from take it back!). Is there a button hold combination that will force a Factory Reset? (I cant get as far as the Menus/Settings to do a Reset).

| Mon 31 Dec 2012 12:38:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stratocaster

Hi Devon Lad, It maybe a good idea to check the length of the centre conductor on the 'f' connectors. It is possible that they are not quite long enough.

| Mon 31 Dec 2012 13:59:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DevonLad

For anyone else getting the same problem, this is how I solved it:

I disconnected the satellite cable to Input 2, leaving Input 1 connected. I could then get a signal on Input 1.

Having then been able to complete the initial setup process, I did a Factory Restore. I don't know whether the Restore was necessary, but I did it anyway (nothing to lose).

I then reconnected Input 2 and ran the setup process again, this time everything went as planned.

A bug, a glitch? Who knows, but it's fixed now!

| Wed 2 Jan 2013 13:24:49 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.