My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

new HDR 1000s - no signal at setup

(14 posts)
  1. rhodri

rhodri

Just bought a new Humax HDR 1000s to replace a previous Freesat Humax box. The old one works fine, but the new one just keeps saying 'no signal' after the initial. Humax/Freesat screen. It did perform a software update tho, but nothing else apart from scrolling 'initialising setup' on the set top box display. Any ideas?

| Tue 26 Mar 2013 17:23:54 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Try a factory default to see if that ressolves the issue.

| Tue 26 Mar 2013 18:57:33 #2 |
  3. rhodri

rhodri

Thanks, but how do I do that please?

| Tue 26 Mar 2013 19:23:14 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Settings > System Settings > Factory Default

| Tue 26 Mar 2013 19:36:47 #4 |
  5. rhodri

rhodri

Thanks, but I can't even get to see settings. After powering up I get a quick Freesat and Humax logo and then the TV screen shows 'no signal'. On the Humax box dot matrix display, it just says 'Installation Wizard'.

Thanks.

| Tue 26 Mar 2013 19:43:06 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Only thing you can do is pull out the power supply for 10 minutes, if that doesn't work get it replaced.

First check the lnb cables are OK (make sure the f connectors are well screwed on the coax if removable type are used).

If they are a bit large for the coax they could have been unscrewed when removing from the old box.

| Tue 26 Mar 2013 19:46:59 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Try unplugging from mains for about 5 - 10 mins and plug back in again to see if that resolves the issue.
    If it doesn't then I think you may have to return it for a replacement.

Edit: beaten to it

| Tue 26 Mar 2013 19:48:18 #7 |
  8. rhodri

rhodri

many thanks!

| Tue 26 Mar 2013 19:49:38 #8 |
  9. rhodri

rhodri

One final question; I'm assuming I can use this box with only a single cable, as I did with my previous box? I know this limits me to only watching/recording on one channel...

| Wed 27 Mar 2013 10:08:30 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rhodri - 26 minutes ago  » 
    One final question; I'm assuming I can use this box with only a single cable, as I did with my previous box? I know this limits me to only watching/recording on one channel...

The box has an internal link that provides a feed from tuner 1 to tuner 2. This gives the box the capability to record two channels at the same time and also view third channels, even when connected to a single lnb. A Foxsat-hdr uses an external link cable to do the same.

Briefly 2nd channel recording is restricted to other channels in the same frequency band (high/low) and same polarisation (horizontal/vertical). Third channel viewing is restricted to any channel sharing the same transponder as either recording. In the event that the recordings share the same transponder then 3rd channel viewing is possible with the same frequency/polarisation restriction as above.

As there are very few high frequency channels in the epg then 2nd channel recording is normally available for near 50% of the available channels, and also note BBC1-SD channels are available in the regional lists in the 950's in both Vertical and Horizontal polarisation

In the latter case if you are watching the third channel from the beginning of the programme then once one of the two recording channels completes it's recording you can also record the 3rd channel programme in it's entirety (from the time shift buffer) by simply pressing record. The last time I tried this I pressed the rec button before one of the two programmes had finished, got a warning. When the first recording terminated it recorded the 3rd all by itself

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Wed 27 Mar 2013 10:45:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.