My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

New older member!

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimbo71

I have a FOXSAT HDR (320Gb) bought end 2008 which, apart from occasional niggles, has given sterling service so far. I plan to upgrade the internal HDD to 1Tb capacity and upgrade the external HDD (WD Mybook 1TB, formatted FAT32) to larger capacity HDD formatted EXT3 (to get around the 4Gb max file size for copying). My main complaint about the device is the painfully slow transfer time from PVR to ext HDD. I use the PVR in single cable mode (standard universal LNB) because the cable from the 90cm dish (mounted on the garden wall)runs underground in conduit and cannot easily be upgraded (it's good quality though). This upgrade (to SCR LNB) will be the subject of my first real post. I'm glad to be joining the Humax Users' family!

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 21:27:46 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi and welcome to the forum, also an older member (69 November 2013)

Repassac is the oracle here for SCR lnb use.

Your other query is easily addressed by the free custom firmware add on. Using this you can copy content directly to a PC either using Windows Explorer or by installing a ftp server on the Foxsat-hdr and transferring files directly to your PC.

I also have a Foxsat-hdr vintage 2008, but upgraded to 1TB almost immediately, still working flawlessly.

Depending on your network FTP transfers will be the quickest way of transferring content.

See

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/saving-hd-recordings-for-play-back-via-usb-prt2

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 22:28:17 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 22:28:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimbo71

Thanks for the info Graham, I'll keep you posted!

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 23:26:45 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.