My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

New Portal software V18 available via beta site

(18 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Version 1.02.18 now available from Beta site, this includes the portal amongst other fixes.

Download Link

•Humax TV Portal enabled
    •BBC iPlayer
    •Internet Radio
    •Wiki@TV
    •Flickr
    •Audio Drop out on HD programmes resolved
    •SD / HD Audio balanced
    •Back button returns to previously viewed channel (when i-plate is on screen)
    •WiFi Support (Humax Dongle)
    •Background Delete
    •Auto Delete function - oldest files will be removed; Lock files so they are not Auto Deleted.
    •Auto Delete is switched OFF as Default
    To enable Auto Delete go to Menu > Preferences > Recording > Auto Delete
    •Allow selection of Multiple Folders for copy/move/delete
    •Trailer Booking (Green button "Book Me" prompt will appear on screen)
    BBC and Channel 4 currently broadcasting info for Trailer Booking.
    •SMS Input supported
    •Power Saving in Standby option included in Installation Wizard

In addition to the release note above:

Edit - have deleted sentence referring to streaming, as I made a mistake, misunderstood a message

| Tue 24 May 2011 11:49:58 #1 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Barry - 20 minutes ago  » 
    If you are lucky enough to have an HD and HDR T2 you can now stream content from the HDR T2 to the HD T2 including HD.

One lucky MyHumax.Org member is going to get one next month!

Good news about the firmware... But can't help feeling jealous (owning a FOXSAT-HD instead...)

| Tue 24 May 2011 12:11:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

neilleeds

Any news of impending HDR firmware updates?

Thanks

| Tue 24 May 2011 12:57:32 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

neilleeds - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks

Welcome to the Forum

The HDR has already an update that includes the above with the exception of the SD/HD audio balance. Won't be to long before that is released publically for the HDR I guess. I will update members as soon as I get the definitive info.

| Tue 24 May 2011 13:03:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

peteringham

A typo in the instructions with the update in the "note" at the bottom gives the wrong file name "hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf" although it does say "hd_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf" in the main instructions.

| Tue 24 May 2011 13:13:19 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

peteringham - 2 minutes ago  » 
    A typo in the instructions with the update in the "note" at the bottom gives the wrong file name "hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf" although it does say "hd_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf" in the main instructions.

Thank you, I'll highlight that to Humax Towers.

| Tue 24 May 2011 13:16:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

neilleeds

Barry - 10 minutes ago  » 

neilleeds - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks

Welcome to the Forum
    The HDR has already an update that includes the above with the exception of the SD/HD audio balance. Won't be to long before that is released publically for the HDR I guess. I will update members as soon as I get the definitive info.

Thanks

| Tue 24 May 2011 13:17:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ejstubbs

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    If you are lucky enough to have an HD and HDR T2 you can now stream content from the HDR T2 to the HD T2 including HD.

Using what to stream from the HDR? I thought the DLNA server function was still in a closed beta. The last official release for the HDR was 1.02.07 and it only had FTP, not DLNA.

As for the "SD / HD Audio balanced", I hope they've done a better job than they did with "Resolved SD / HD volume difference" in the 1.01.05 firmware for the HDR - that had to be swiftly (as in three weeks later) backed out in 1.01.09 because of the audio clipping problems in HD.

| Tue 24 May 2011 13:45:02 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

surv1v0r

In the .TXT file Micom version: 7.63 should actually read 7.61

I am delighted that Humax have finally released BBC iPlayer for the HD-Fox T2 - I had pretty much given up all hope of the update ever arriving - thanks and well done Humax!

| Tue 24 May 2011 13:48:39 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

ejstubbs - 22 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

Using what to stream from the HDR? I thought the DLNA server function was still in a closed beta. The last official release for the HDR was 1.02.07 and it only had FTP, not DLNA.
    As for the "SD / HD Audio balanced", I hope they've done a better job than they did with "Resolved SD / HD volume difference" in the 1.01.05 firmware for the HDR - that had to be swiftly (as in three weeks later) backed out in 1.01.09 because of the audio clipping problems in HD.

1. My mistake, misunderstood a message will remove the offending sentence to avoid further confusion.

2. Humax were not the only manufacturer caught out, I have replayed some Jools Holland recordings, and they appear fine.

| Tue 24 May 2011 14:11:30 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.