My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

New Portal software V18 available via beta site

(18 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

surv1v0r - 22 minutes ago  » 
    In the .TXT file Micom version: 7.63 should actually read 7.61
    I am delighted that Humax have finally released BBC iPlayer for the HD-Fox T2 - I had pretty much given up all hope of the update ever arriving - thanks and well done Humax!

Micom version can change on later production units, not sure why it is even mentioned, will bring this one up during my next conversation with Humax.

| Tue 24 May 2011 14:13:20 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ejstubbs

Barry - 1 hour ago  » I have replayed some Jools Holland recordings, and they appear fine.

That's good to hear, Later was pretty much the definitive example of a programme that had HD audio problems after the first attempt at a "fix" on the HDR.

| Tue 24 May 2011 15:50:17 #12 |
  3. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

Test - please ignore.

| Fri 27 May 2011 12:28:02 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

surv1v0r

Based on my experience, it is not possible to revert to an earlier version of the firmware (e.g. from 1.02.18 to 1.01.12). I believe that this may have something to do with a change in the firmware loader?

I would suggest that this limitation should either be corrected or any user should be warned in the clearest possible terms?

| Tue 31 May 2011 10:18:22 #13 |
  5. af123

af123

Based on my experience, it is not possible to revert to an earlier version of the firmware (e.g. from 1.02.18 to 1.01.12). I believe that this may have something to do with a change in the firmware loader?

This is because Humax changed the flash (virtual) partition layout with the 1.02.18 release, including the location of the boot loader. The old software updates don't include the boot loader component so when they are applied you end up without a boot loader at all. The box will then obviously not boot.

With third party tools, it is possible to combine the old and new update files to produce a downgrade file, but I would concur that Humax should retrospectively update at least the 1.01.12 download to include the bootloader component.

| Tue 31 May 2011 13:26:15 #14 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

surv1v0r

af123 - 4 days ago  » 
    <snip>With third party tools, it is possible to combine the old and new update files to produce a downgrade file, but I would concur that Humax should retrospectively update at least the 1.01.12 download to include the bootloader component.

Would you be willing / able to elaborate on how one could do this?

Please

| Sun 5 Jun 2011 9:33:30 #15 |
  7. Stonecello

Stonecello

This PORTAL has arrived at last - but it is SO SLOW - no wonder it took so long to get here! Great to see iPlayer in such vivid HD, no matter how reluctant it all is! But the Fox T2 DVB-T will never compete with a dual-core - not for that price What more can we expect from Humax? Surely that's it... ? How about decryptable TS files???

| Sun 12 Jun 2011 11:46:47 #16 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jillyjones

Using Humax Wi-Fi dongle to access Portal. Works fine in front of box. Quick to load - no issues with playback etc.
    However, in common with others I bought box for Sky Player - when oh when!
    Will have to keep old Top-up box which sounds like a jet engine.

| Fri 17 Jun 2011 20:27:47 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.