My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

New release of Custom Firmware

(29 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

raydon has just released a new version of his custom firmware.Release details
    This includes a disk-fix utility for foxsat owners who suspect disk prodlems.

| Mon 15 Oct 2012 19:25:48 #1 |
  2. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I installed this today and was hoping it might also fix my inability to see the EPG on the web interface, but no luck.

So....I wondered if it was wise to delete the folders on the HDR and re-install the custom firmware and hope that it would rebuild !

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 14:22:56 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

We need a bit more detail about the problem which could be range of problems : Network, browser, you needing glasses.

Can you describe what you do see?

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 14:30:25 #3 |
  4. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

When I access the HDR through the Web Interface all is well except when I try to view the EPG, either now/next or 7day, and I get this error

""Runtime Error: /opt/var/mongoose/lib/epg.class:583: no such table: epg in procedure 'epg' called at file "epg7day.jim", line 53 at file "/opt/var/mongoose/lib/epg.class", line 583""

I have had this problem since the Olympic update, before that it worked perfectly.

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 14:59:50 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sounds like the databsae of epg information has become corrupt. The suggested way of getting this back would be:
    1.Go into the Guide pages using the Huimax remote
    2.Wait until the "updating information ..." message disapears from the top of the screen or the background TV channel audio returns (usually about 45s to 1 minute)
    3.Reboot
    4.Wait 5 minutes or so for the new epg data to be processed
    5.Try the webif again

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 15:10:56 #5 |
  6. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

shows exactly the same error message, and also may be of interest, the updating information, took at least 3 minutes maybe more .

Maybe I do need glasses but not the wearing kind

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 16:35:37 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Hmmm,
    If you telnet or ftp installed can you look in /mnt/hd2/fsatepg.
    After step 2 a file epg.dat should be created.
    On rebooting look in /opt/tmp you should see a file epg.copy (if using ftp you may have to - place cursor in /opt/tmp - right right button then refresh) ?

If not please post again.

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 17:02:54 #7 |
  8. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

in opt/tmp there is a file called epg.copy. It is 5,485 KB and created today at 16:33.

I haven't managed to ftp in yet to see the other file, as I am using my win 7 network to browse the HDR.

Also as I recall from previous flashing, the files used to get deleted if the flash was successful. I notice that my files on the usb were still there, if that is any help.

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 17:54:43 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

No the firmware does not get deleted - just the .opk's.

Tommorow I will come back to this - please post again if after rebooting again and waiting 10 mins there is nothing.

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 18:10:11 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Partridge2

sloppyjoe, firstly the size of epg.copy looks fine in folder /opt/tmp; no need to check in /mnt/hd2/fsatepg.

I checked the code in epg.class and I think the issue is not the epg database (which is generated from epg.copy) but the channels database created by the web-interface.

The channels database is file "channels.db" in the folder "/opt/epg".

So can you please first check using ftp that this file exists and post back the size (something like 100-150 kb is about right) and last modification date. You can also do this in telnet by entering the following and posting back the output you get:
    ls -l /opt/epg/channels.db

If channels.db exists then you can check the existence of the table in the database which is causing your error by entering the following in telnet:
    sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db 'select * from TBL_SVC;'

If all is well then you will get a screen dump of all channels, of which the first couple of lines will look like this:
    101|BBC 1 London|6301|0|fp.bbc.co.uk|0|1|505|17335|465492|TV-SD
    102|BBC 2 England|6302|0|fp.bbc.co.uk|0|1|600|17145|451052|TV-SD

Then we can take it from there depending on what output/errors you get.

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 20:45:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.