My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

New release of Custom Firmware

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kylerickards

Hi all

Have just reinstalled the 4.0.8 firmware and now cannot access any install files - please could somebody help?

Kyle

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 14:25:04 #21 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

kylerickards - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Hi all
    Have just reinstalled the 4.0.8 firmware and now cannot access any install files - please could somebody help?
    Kyle

What did you do that for - 4.0.9 is the latest release.
    What else did you do? - simply flashing again would do nothing.
    Do you still get the custom firmware message on boot?

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 14:33:31 #22 |
  3. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Partridge2 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Sorry pressed enter too quickly.....I was going to suggest now manually recreating channels.db, but in case that can be avoided - would it be possible for you to upload a zipped copy of your /opt/epg/channels.db file so I can take a look? (It contains the default channels list and any custom changes you have made with the channel editor)
    If that isn't possible then let me know and we can re-create channels.db manually. Thanks

I have tried 3 times to attach the zipped db file bit it doesn't want to go.

So I guess we try to update manually, thank you....

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 14:51:07 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Partridge2

sloppyjoe - 2 hours ago  » So I guess we try to update manually, thank you....

Fine - after doing this you will have to add back any custom channel changes I'm afraid, so you may want to make a note of these before starting (eg. in channeleditor page of web-interface, select the check box "Display channels with changes only" and print or save the screen.)

Here we go:

1. Delete the file /opt/epg/channels.db

2. Reboot the Foxsat HDR.

3. /opt/epg/channels.db will have been recreated but with all channels in their default state. You can add back your custom channel changes in the web-if channel editor page.

4. If you go to the epg pages then they should display with all channels (takes a while to load). You will have to redefine any web-if channel-lists in the page "WebIf channel lists" if you used these for channel filtering, and then pick the one you want to use in the Settings page under "Channel List for EPG".

I'm going to be out for the evening, but can look again tomorrow if you're still having problems.

Good luck!

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 17:41:31 #24 |
  5. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Partridge2 - 4 hours ago  » 

sloppyjoe - 2 hours ago  » So I guess we try to update manually, thank you....

Fine - after doing this you will have to add back any custom channel changes I'm afraid, so you may want to make a note of these before starting (eg. in channeleditor page of web-interface, select the check box "Display channels with changes only" and print or save the screen.)
    Here we go:
    I'm going to be out for the evening, but can look again tomorrow if you're still having problems.
    Good luck!

Did all that,,epg is showing the same error and the sqlite command shows the same channels...grrrrrr

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 22:08:11 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Partridge2

Hi, sorry to hear that. Not quite sure where to go now with diagnostics without digging more into your files.

Might be quicker to reset the custom firmware environment, see instructions here:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1517610-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-1-a-30.html#post16214655

From the post:
    "Your custom environment will be reset and you will be presented with the basic web interface again. From there you can re-install the full web interface and any additional packages such as samba, twonky etc."

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 9:22:53 #26 |
  7. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Partridge2 - 8 hours ago  » 

Might be quicker to reset the custom firmware environment, see instructions here:
    twonky etc."

Thanks Partridge2...I did all that and as you say will have to reset all features. Now done and EPG is back Now it's a matter of tweaking. Haven't a clue why it became corrupt, but it's history now and I know how to get it back, even if it takes a bit of time. Thanks again for all your help.

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 17:27:32 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Partridge2

You're welcome - sorry I couldn't find a more elegant solution!

| Thu 18 Oct 2012 18:16:05 #28 |
  9. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Partridge2 - 14 hours ago  » 
    You're welcome - sorry I couldn't find a more elegant solution!

I realise now that there were 2 more clues. In the webif settings, Channel List for EPG only had "NONE" there were no other options. Also in /opt/epg epg.db was "Zero" and now it's 12,049KB. So what I have done is backed up the entire epg folder ! Whether it would have been possible to rectify this problem without the re-install, I would not know.

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 8:27:14 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.