My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

New review !

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

KentViewer

Strangely, a new review of the Aura has appeared on the Trusted Reviews Web site, three years after the product was launched, more than two years since the last firmware update, and (judging from this forum) after Humax appears to have abandoned support for the box.
    I wonder why the review has appeared at this stage? Perhaps Humax felt that sending an Aura in for review would help them to shift some of their remaining stock of the boxes.
    Like other frustrated Aura owners, I seem to be suffering increasing problems. Today, the box rebooted about five times in as many minutes!

| Thu 27 Jul 2023 18:32:40 #1 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Probably correct OP, trying to shift a few before the Manhattan T4 and T4-R launch in August.

If their new offering competes well with Humax on features, tuners, and RRP then the Aura could be history without any significant fixes and updates. It will be on the top of the Best Buy lists by far.

| Mon 31 Jul 2023 11:24:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChemicalRob

I have no idea what is going through the minds of those in charge at Humax. They must realize that the lack of support and updates with the Aura means that nobody is going to ever trust the brand again.

The Aura was my first ever Humax, and I bought it based upon the reputation of previous Humax devices. After I bought it, despite a few problems (with the tuners) I was impressed by the number of updates, and they even sent me a second box to test against my own box, they then offered to send me further equipment to try to isolate the issue with the tuners.

I now believe the tuners have a major issue, and they have just given up.

After all that, it is now a case of that's it. It may not work, but we don't care, just use the bits of it that work for you. Or go out and buy another brand.

Very sad, and really odd behaviour. There must be something going on at the company for such a change in attitude over a year or so. I very much doubt I would ever buy another Humax device, too many things to try to deal with, and while I can work around some of the issues, my family just want a box that works, The Aura only works about 1/3 of the time, too many signal/black screens/frozen screens/shutdowns/ and failures with the sharing across devices.

| Mon 31 Jul 2023 21:13:04 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

ChemicalRob - 10 hours ago  » 
    I have no idea what is going through the minds of those in charge at Humax.

They probably realise that with the rise of streaming means that the market for PVR has shrank and I doubt there will be any future Humax PVR. It will be a niche markets served by firms like Manhattan.

| Tue 1 Aug 2023 7:30:16 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.