My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New software - 1.00.37

(64 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

x6tus - 4 hours ago  » 

I've noticed a difference in Reserved Storage between your 1TB and my 500GB box.
    Yours is 65.5GB whereas mine is 58.2GB.
    Surely reserved storage should be the same for box boxes???

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 17:37:21 #21 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would guess that the user partition size is a %. It is where you can load content from USB.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 17:51:48 #22 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I've got a couple bugs since updating.
    1) When selecting earlier HD content from guide and BBCiPlayer loads it still says HD is off even though HD is set as preference.
    2) After exiting BBC iPlayer or ITV Player the picture keeps freezing and a message pops every few seconds which says 'Audio/Video decoding buffer is underrun', changing channel gives the same issue. Have to turn off and turn on again to resolve.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 18:15:34 #23 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

-gonzo- - 22 minutes ago  » 
    1) When selecting earlier HD content from guide and BBCiPlayer loads it still says HD is off even though HD is set as preference.
    2) After exiting BBC iPlayer or ITV Player the picture keeps freezing and a message pops every few seconds which says 'Audio/Video decoding buffer is underrun', changing channel gives the same issue. Have to turn off and turn on again to resolve.

1. Same in previous versions, BBC and freesat are aware.

2. Not seen this, but instead of turning off/on try FAQ

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 18:40:13 #24 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Barry - 47 seconds ago  » 

-gonzo- - 22 minutes ago  » 

1. Same in previous versions, BBC and freesat are aware.
    2. Not seen this, but instead of turning off/on try FAQ

Tried the code, but screen stays frozen with sound still playing.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 18:43:09 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

navi

I have also got the Buffer Underrun message with the new software. I had switched from ITV 1 HD to BBC One HD and after a couple of minutes the picture began to break up then the message appeared.

I have experienced this previously on the .16 software also on BBC channels I believe.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 19:26:25 #26 |
  7. x6tus

x6tus

I've also now found that ever since the update I can't hear anything! Thought it was my ARCAM amp at first but that's fine. My HUMAX is connected via the optical digital connection to my amp. I've reverted to using stereo jacks but it made no difference.

Then I thought I'd try and change the HUMAX volume which was set to 25 (and always has been at this level previously). If I ramp it up to maximum of 50 then I can hear things but it's not as loud as it used to be unless I turn my amplifier right up, which I don't really want to do.

I've tried another factory reset and pulling the plug for several minutes, makes no difference.

Guess I'll be contacting HUMAX direct again tomorrow to get my 3rd replacement unit!

Starting to get fed up with this and it's still missing the two features they've promised from the start, the two features that everyone wants! 4OD and 5.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 20:06:23 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

Does going into non freesat mode now keep all your planned recordings? Anyone tested this yet?

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 20:12:53 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rumfuddle

Just installed the update and where previously all of my x264 videos played (though DTS ones without sound and many in stretched format), now the majority lock up the Humax and only a reboot clears it.

Will have to stick with my 5 year old media player for a bit longer it seems.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 20:17:02 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

Also getting the buffer underrun. Never saw it on the prevous version.
    Media playback over the network seems worse with lockups I never had before.
    So far I'm unimpressed especially as no 4OD/Demand5 but they've wasted time adding you tube.

Whats happened to the boot up time ? From standby to being able to do anything with the box is approx 55 seconds, during which the screen is black for most for the time.

Back to my raspberry pi.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 20:38:04 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.