My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New software - 1.00.37

(64 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

mariegriffiths - 1 hour ago  » 

mariegriffiths - 1 hour ago  » 
    The sound issue is a showstopper issue that needs addressing NOW. It leads to a huge disparity of volume that could break peoples speakers and cause complaints from the neighbours. The Youtube functionality is great and well designed. It is a welcome addition althouhg can cause a crash if you go between different videos too quickly in the search results. 5 on demand and 4OD need to get their act together.

I use optical out to a separte amplifier. I bet the cowboys have only tested HDMI. Also there is still no sign of ftp acess although there is an ftp server there responding. I wonder if i can crack the username password. I have tried humaxftp and 0000

Change Video/Audio settings to output stereo.

| Sat 9 Mar 2013 19:53:34 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

If a users are using an AMP for Muti-channel digital sound (optical) they NOW need to control the volume by using the volume control on their Amplifiers and not the volume control on the 1000s remote. (or just digital sound from ITV HD) 

If the sound on the 1000s is set to Muti-channel any digital sound from HD channels will be "passed through" unmolested to the amp. The user then gets the best quality digital surround sound experience from their  surround sound amp/system. 

If having the best quality sound is a major problem I would suggest investing in a good quality Harmony remote or similar, then leave the 1000s volume on Max and control the volume via the TV or Amp with the programmable remote. 

If the user only needs Stereo sound then change the 1000s output from Muti-channel to Stereo and then control both HD and SD channel sound with the 1000s remote. 

| Sat 9 Mar 2013 20:04:43 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

iainglennie

Updated box a few days ago to 1.00.37 and today it locked up with blank screen while son was watching TV. Had to pull the power and now it's continually rebooting - starting, HDD whirring, freeview logo, "CITV" displaying on LCD, blank screen, off, starting...

Tried the following;

Left unplugged for 10 mins
    Removed HDMI cable
    Removed all cables except for power and scart

It isn't booted up long enough for any remote control functions to work. Could try the usb factory reset but may invalidate the warranty.

Any ideas? Guess I'll need to call Humax in the morning.

Anyone else get this issue since the update? Don't know if this issue has been triggered by the update or if it’s totally unrelated. Been working fine for 4 months till now.

| Mon 18 Mar 2013 20:08:00 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

iainglennie

Called Humax and they confirmed there was nothing I could do. They told me as I had the latest software on the box, booting off a usb stick with the older software version would have no effect. They are organising a courier exchange for Monday.

No calling queue, no hassle - first class customer service!

| Wed 20 Mar 2013 11:57:15 #64 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.