My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

New software - 1.02.32

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dcoppard - 1 minute ago  » 
    I'm not sure how that is classed as an improvement as it was always nice to be able to watch an alternative BBC1 region, (I had the choice of South or South East)but now just the South East.

Because if you watch the channels in the 800s and have set recordings from channels below 800 for the same time period, there is a significant risk that the recording will fail with a "Failed to track" error message. There is nothing stopping you manually tuning extra stations if you are aware of the risks but I suspect the vast majority of users are not.

| Fri 1 Feb 2013 18:38:53 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dcoppard - 27 minutes ago  » 
    I've also downloaded and installed ok. I've just done a retune and all I can see that happens is that I have now lost the alternative channels that I used to have in the 800's.
    I'm not sure how that is classed as an improvement as it was always nice to be able to watch an alternative BBC1 region, (I had the choice of South or South East)but now just the South East.
    Incidently when it finished the retune it told me I had 159 TV channels downloaded but doing a quick count up on the guide it seems its only 101 viewable. I presume the missing 58 are what I used to have in the 800's

Because receiving your epg data from different transmitters can result in failed recordings, possibly the most common recording problem handled by Humax, also if the weaker channels happen to be the first ones found in a scan then many think it's a box problem. Not a good idea to have channels in the 800's on any Humax Freeview pvr. If you really want them back you can simply add then using manual tune. be aware of the problems you may create.

| Fri 1 Feb 2013 19:06:33 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

dcoppard - 1 day ago  » 
    I've just done a retune and all I can see that happens is that I have now lost the alternative channels that I used to have in the 800's.

Using 1.02.32 and Autotune I end up with 800s for ITV, ITV+1 BBC ONE and ITV HD. As far as I know these are the channels that broadcast localised programmes. Did you not even get those on an Autotune?

| Sat 2 Feb 2013 19:45:01 #13 |
  4. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

How does the Humax know what region I'm in for tuning purposes? It didn't ask me for a region.

| Sun 3 Feb 2013 8:38:26 #14 |
  5. brian

brian

special member

musictechguy - 40 minutes ago  » 
    How does the Humax know what region I'm in for tuning purposes? It didn't ask me for a region.

Can you receive from the transmitters of more than one region?

If you can, I would have thought that you should have been given the option to choose your local/preferred region.

The Humax will know the name of the transmitter group being received, so will know which region it is.

| Sun 3 Feb 2013 9:22:57 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

musictechguy - 2 hours ago  » 

It asks at the end of Autotuning after 'Save' is selected providing it has found more than 1 transmitter.

| Sun 3 Feb 2013 11:09:12 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dcoppard

Prior to this upgrade of software I had a number of channels in the 800 band. My main transmitter which I prefer is the Brighton Whitehawk mast. However I also have a local freeview lite transmitter at Mile Oak, (about 500 yards away) and Hangleton, (about 2 miles).

However it appeared that I also used to pick up the main Isle of Wight transmissions, (pretty sure of that because all my local masts broadcast BBC South East and one of the BBC '800' service was showing BBC South). I think it was similar with the ITV services

Now I have no 800 services at all. Not a big deal I know, (you can only watch one TV station at a time!) but to my untrained eye this seems like a backward step in that my choice has been reduced. The only time that in fact this was useful was when engineering work shut my local service down for a few hours but I was able to continue watching on an alternative. Occasionally I would also watch BBC South for a different slant on a local news story.

It has been mentioned that multiple channels for the same service can cause problems with failed recordings, (although the logic escapes me, if your recording a specific channel on a specific frequency how would this cause a problem?). Fortunately I have never had a failed recording.

Anyway I accept that I am probably missing the point as there a lot more knowlegable people on this site than me. To my simple mind it just seems strange in an era where people are offered ever more choices, Humax have decided to restrict mine.

| Sun 3 Feb 2013 16:29:25 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

dcoppard

Oh and just a footnote to another post. After the retune the box tells me that I have two regions of BBC, namely South and South East and to select which one is my preferred region. I normally select South East and then save

| Sun 3 Feb 2013 16:33:38 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dcoppard - 32 minutes ago  » 
    It has been mentioned that multiple channels for the same service can cause problems with failed recordings, (although the logic escapes me, if your recording a specific channel on a specific frequency how would this cause a problem?).

Where do you tell it which frequency to record on? Having multiple versions of the same channel is the most common cause of failed recordings and Humax have chosen the option that will give the majority of users the greatest chance of their recordings succeeding; it all seems perfectly sensible to me. You have particular requirements which you can satisfy by manually tuning in the additional multiplexes so nobody is restricting your choices.

| Sun 3 Feb 2013 17:06:13 #19 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Barry - 1 week ago  » 
    This is an official release,and therefore OTA is planned, I won't post date as yet to be confirmed, but mid Feb is the current thinking.

Glad I did not post a date

Delay to OTA, not associated with the actual software, more news when available.

| Tue 12 Feb 2013 15:40:52 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.