My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New Software UKTFAE 1.03.47

(41 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Noticed the 5000T was no longer resetting the HDMI connection to the external AV Receiver when exiting a recording today so checked for any changes and noticed the software has been updated to 1.03.47 (from 1.03.45) with a build date of 22 NOV 2018. Checked the Humax WEB site for any release notes but none there. Anyone know what's in the update?

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 0:20:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Nothing showing here.
    But to be fair, my unit has NEVER found an OTA update and has NEVER found the update on USB using "check new software". I have always had to resort to the manual update method.
    Atb
    Chris

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 11:18:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 51 minutes ago  » 
    But to be fair, my unit has NEVER found an OTA update and has NEVER found the update on USB using "check new software".

There are no OTA updates these days for any product from any manufacturer. I thought the check for new software initiated a check over the Internet and has nothing to do with a USB update. Is your box connected to the Internet?

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 12:13:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Martin Liddle - 2 minutes ago  » 

SSThing - 51 minutes ago  » 
    But to be fair, my unit has NEVER found an OTA update and has NEVER found the update on USB using "check new software".

There are no OTA updates these days for any product from any manufacturer. I thought the check for new software initiated a check over the Internet and has nothing to do with a USB update. Is your box connected to the Internet?

By OTA I meant any update, terrestrial or via the internet.
    The only way I have ever managed to update was by downloading the package and manually installing, as I mentioned "check new software" does not work this way either so I have to do the power off method. The instructions clearly suggest that the cns method should work.

USB: Download the software from our website and copy to the root of a USB pen that has been formatted to FAT32. Follow these steps with the USB connected to the FVP: Home/Freeview Play Button > Settings > System Settings > System Information > Check for New Software > If new version available, press Ok to download > Unit will reboot with SW download on-screen.

Cheers
    Chris

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 12:24:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

To avoid future confusion, OTA stands for "Over The Air", in other words received via your aerial from a TV transmitter.

By the way, as of this morning my 5000T was still on the August update (...45).

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 15:47:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

A1944 - 18 minutes ago  » 
    To avoid future confusion, OTA stands for "Over The Air", in other words received via your aerial from a TV transmitter.

Not strictly correct. OTA updates are ANY update obtained wirelessly direct to the unit/device memory/storage (either by RF or Internet) that do not require separately downloading and storing on a removable device such as a USB or SD card.
    Either way, it's never worked for me. Lol

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 16:13:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

meadfoot

Just looked at the Humax website and it says the latest is 1.03.45 for the 5000T dated August
    Here

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 18:53:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

meadfoot - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Just looked at the Humax website and it says the latest is 1.03.45 for the 5000T dated August

I imagine that's why the original poster was asking the question here

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 18:58:15 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sor

Just checked mine, software version is UKTFAE 1.03.47 Build date: 22 Nov 2018

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 1:01:54 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

kenjohn

My 5000 purchased direct from Humax in mid September 2018.Put in update when I installed it.My software now shows 1.03.47 Build date 22 November 2018.
    I had problems in early December.The remote could not control Humax.It was getting really hopeless.
    I retuned box and looked for updates at that time.still with problems afterwards.Changed batteries in the remote control to new Duracells.
    I thought at the time the change of batteries brought about the change. The Humax is now very usable not quite as good as my old 2000 fox box.Possibly update made the improvement not new batteries as I then thought. The update and new batteries have made it work for me.I now consider it a good purchase.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 19:54:22 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.