My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New software verison 2.02.01 on air

(46 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Bit out of the blue this one, was not expecting this yet.

Whilst I do not have a change log, the following are known to me

1. New Showcase

2. Option to toggle HD prompt on/off in General Settings, On screen display.

Edit: Link to freesat news item on new showcase.

| Tue 16 Sep 2014 12:01:19 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

iOS Freesat app has also got an update too.

| Tue 16 Sep 2014 12:39:04 #2 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Quite like the new look of Showcase and also noticed the on demand section has been given a spruce too.

| Tue 16 Sep 2014 17:41:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I'm not trying to be flippant but I checked out showcase when I first purchased the box in February of last year and haven't been near it since.

Why someone thinks they know what I might be interested in watching has always remained a mystery to me.

| Tue 16 Sep 2014 23:03:36 #4 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Faust - 58 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not trying to be flippant but I checked out showcase when I first purchased the box in February of last year and haven't been near it since.
    Why someone thinks they know what I might be interested in watching has always remained a mystery to me.

So you've never looked at a TV guide magazine or been recommended a program that you were previously unaware of before, thus sparking your interest, then watching and enjoying?
    You could argue that looking through the guide is enough, but IMO just looking through the guide doesn't always have things jump out at you to gain your interest.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 0:08:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Faust - 9 hours ago  » 

Believe it or not Showcase isn't a personal recommendation tailer made and sent out to each user, it is only a selection of programmes that Freesat feel might be of interest to the varying tastes of their customers.
    If your box is automatically setting Showcase programmes to record or switching channels and making you watch them then it is faulty.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 8:17:34 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I noticed that when I turned on my box this morning and scrolled up through the Home menu that both the On Demand and Showcase sections had connect to the internet to use messages, after a short amount of time Showcase and On Demand icons appeared.
    Connected via Ethernet and before this update you could open the likes of YouTube pretty much straight away, but now it seems you have to wait a bit for a connection to be made.
    Is anyone else seeing the same thing or do you think a reset is in order?

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 9:29:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonmuss

Since updating software have lost channel name in TV Guide. Have tried reset and switched of but still no names like BBC 1, ITV etc, anyone else experiencing this problem?

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 12:57:37 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

jonmuss - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Since updating software have lost channel name in TV Guide. Have tried reset and switched of but still no names like BBC 1, ITV etc, anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yes yesterday, but now back with no intervention from me.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 13:18:19 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I lost just 3 for a very short period. After closing the guide and re-opening they came back immediately. All present today.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 13:25:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.