My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New software verison 2.02.01 on air

(46 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Barry - 4 minutes ago  » 
    James thanks for all the feedback.
    I noticed on all my freetime units there is a slight delay from boot before on demand and showcase are available and get the connection message. I do nothing except wait a few seconds, then they appear.

I booted the box but didn't immediately use it - was watching the news on TV. So it should have had plenty of time to get itself together by the time I switched to sat and went to the On Demand menu. I'll note times tomorrow.

| Tue 23 Sep 2014 13:19:37 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

souporjuice - 3 days ago  » 
    Showcase was one of my favourite things about the ui. Sadly this new version has been jazzed up and it's slowed it right down. The hardware just can't cope as is, and adding animation and translucency is too much for it. Slow sluggish scrolling.
    And whereas before selecting a programme would automatically display info about that programme at the top of the screen - so you could quickly decide whether or not to watch - now you have to press the "i" button, which is annoying.

I don't mind the new SC and it seems fast enough to me.

Regarding "info".

If I had any say I'd make the "i" button toggle the info page On & Off, so no need to find the back button to return to the main showcase page, but at least it's consistent with the rest of the box UI. (i.e. too many button presses and as many different ones as possible)

Pity about the new infinitesimal small TV screen.

| Wed 24 Sep 2014 10:15:22 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

JamesB - 1 day ago  » 

Barry - 4 minutes ago  » 
    James thanks for all the feedback.
    I noticed on all my freetime units there is a slight delay from boot before on demand and showcase are available and get the connection message. I do nothing except wait a few seconds, then they appear.

I booted the box but didn't immediately use it - was watching the news on TV. So it should have had plenty of time to get itself together by the time I switched to sat and went to the On Demand menu. I'll note times tomorrow.

All normal today so perhaps it was indeed just a delay in loading the icons.

| Wed 24 Sep 2014 15:59:49 #43 |
  4. vinnypowell

vinnypowell

kanturner - 1 week ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 

vinnypowell - 1 hour ago  » 
    I also have internet connection and IP address but On demand, showcase and roll back not working since upgrade. It keeps saying I need a BB service of 2 mb even though I have 200mb! Apps are working fine? Tried a factory reset and still no joy!

Have you used showcase and on-demand before and is 901 working for you?

I have the same issue. Settings reports internet connection is present but Showcase and OD/Roll-back not working. Oddly, I can select roll-back programmes on my Freesat app on my phone and it plays fine on the box??? Definitely an update issue, but when are Freesat/Humax going to sort it out?

I have used both many times before. Strangely though if I go to ITV Player directly in the channel listing then it works fine? I can't check BBC-iplayer as it won't let me connect due to having a non UK IP address.

| Tue 30 Sep 2014 14:45:35 #44 |
  5. vinnypowell

vinnypowell

JamesB - 1 week ago  » 

Many of us with older boxes have the same update as everyone else and don't have the same problems. I don't have any issues at all with Showcase or OD. It cannot simply be an update issue. In theory we have identical hardware and software. Not surprised it's taking a while to figure out what the issue is. As the software must be the same perhaps there is some sort of minor hardware difference in newer boxes.
    The problems described here seem to vary from box to box. It could be that all boxes are affected, it just shows itself differently (or not at all) depending on such variables as user setup or patterns of use.
    I haven't seen any problems with Showcase, but On Demand behaviour seems to have changed since the update, and not in a good way. First thing in the morning, yesterday and today, I've checked Showcase and On Demand. Showcase OK, but On Demand shows the text about needing to be connected - even though the box has been connected all night and there seems to be no reason for it to stop seeing the connection. I didn't see this behaviour before the update (though I can't be sure it never happened).
    Today, when I saw this "need a connection" text again, I went to the Guide and tried roll-back, and this worked without a problem.
    From which I hazard a guess that the updating of Showcase overnight may be having an impact on On Demand, causing the box to initialise the On Demand display to the "need a connection" text message instead of displaying the player icons.
    Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Yes me. If I choose ITV player "channel" from the guide it works fine, but can't use it from On Demand or roll back

| Tue 30 Sep 2014 14:46:54 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

vinnypowell - see the thread http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/help-unable-to-use-ondemand-or-showcase, which has further reports and also some responses users have received from Freesat on this issue.

| Tue 30 Sep 2014 14:58:46 #46 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.