My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New software verison 2.02.01 on air

(46 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kelbell

I updated yesterday and lost both on demand and showcase - I have tried a factory reset, switched off at the mains and tried switching my router off and on again. I am in contact with Freesat but to no avail yet....

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 16:43:53 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

-gonzo- - 22 hours ago  » 

Faust - 58 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not trying to be flippant but I checked out showcase when I first purchased the box in February of last year and haven't been near it since.
    Why someone thinks they know what I might be interested in watching has always remained a mystery to me.

So you've never looked at a TV guide magazine or been recommended a program that you were previously unaware of before, thus sparking your interest, then watching and enjoying?
    You could argue that looking through the guide is enough, but IMO just looking through the guide doesn't always have things jump out at you to gain your interest.

I don't know if you can remember but Sky used to have something similar only worse in that Sky withheld part of the HDD space and actually downloaded programmes it thought you wanted to watch. I tried it for three months and never wanted to watch one single programme so turned it off. However, you still couldn't reclaim the disk space. Made me as mad as hell.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 22:54:03 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Regarding New Showcase...

The TV in the top right is tiny now, there does seem to be room to have it a little larger than that.
    And they are Showcasing 4HD now which is great, they may have been doing that for a while but I haven't checked lately.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 13:44:19 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

Showcase was one of my favourite things about the ui. Sadly this new version has been jazzed up and it's slowed it right down. The hardware just can't cope as is, and adding animation and translucency is too much for it. Slow sluggish scrolling.

And whereas before selecting a programme would automatically display info about that programme at the top of the screen - so you could quickly decide whether or not to watch - now you have to press the "i" button, which is annoying.

| Sat 20 Sep 2014 11:42:50 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Tastes differ. I like the new Showcase better, and I haven't seen a slowdown.

I hope Freesat will consider expanding the Search facility to cover catchup as well as the EPG. So if you see a series on Showcase after the first episode has already aired, Showcase could run the Search and quickly tell you if the first episode(s) are still on catchup.

Also hope they'll add genre searching so I can find out what movies are available, either in the EPG or catchup.

| Sat 20 Sep 2014 12:54:12 #15 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

souporjuice - 3 hours ago  » 
    Showcase was one of my favourite things about the ui. Sadly this new version has been jazzed up and it's slowed it right down. The hardware just can't cope as is, and adding animation and translucency is too much for it. Slow sluggish scrolling.

Can't say I'm seeing any sluggishness on my box.

| Sat 20 Sep 2014 14:56:57 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nicjef

kelbell - 3 days ago  » 
    I updated yesterday and lost both on demand and showcase - I have tried a factory reset, switched off at the mains and tried switching my router off and on again. I am in contact with Freesat but to no avail yet....

I got a new box last week and updated to the latest software during installation. Have an Ethernet connection and IP address but tells me I have no Broadband connection yet that cable was fine in my Freeview Humax.

Emailed Humax but it's the weekend.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 11:03:20 #17 |
  8. vinnypowell

vinnypowell

I also have internet connection and IP address but On demand, showcase and roll back not working since upgrade. It keeps saying I need a BB service of 2 mb even though I have 200mb! Apps are working fine? Tried a factory reset and still no joy!

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 12:20:17 #18 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

vinnypowell - 1 hour ago  » 
    I also have internet connection and IP address but On demand, showcase and roll back not working since upgrade. It keeps saying I need a BB service of 2 mb even though I have 200mb! Apps are working fine? Tried a factory reset and still no joy!

Have you used showcase and on-demand before and is 901 working for you?

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 13:21:57 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

kanturner

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 

vinnypowell - 1 hour ago  » 

Have you used showcase and on-demand before and is 901 working for you?

I have the same issue. Settings reports internet connection is present but Showcase and OD/Roll-back not working. Oddly, I can select roll-back programmes on my Freesat app on my phone and it plays fine on the box??? Definitely an update issue, but when are Freesat/Humax going to sort it out?

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 19:47:33 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.