My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New software verison 2.02.01 on air

(46 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

kanturner - 10 minutes ago  » 
    , but when are Freesat/Humax going to sort it out?

Well I'd imagine they'll sort it out once they've worked out what is actually causing it in the first place.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 20:03:06 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kanturner - 20 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 

vinnypowell - 1 hour ago  » 
    I also have internet connection and IP address but On demand, showcase and roll back not working since upgrade. It keeps saying I need a BB service of 2 mb even though I have 200mb! Apps are working fine? Tried a factory reset and still no joy!

Have you used showcase and on-demand before and is 901 working for you?

I have the same issue. Settings reports internet connection is present but Showcase and OD/Roll-back not working. Oddly, I can select roll-back programmes on my Freesat app on my phone and it plays fine on the box??? Definitely an update issue, but when are Freesat/Humax going to sort it out?

Many of us with older boxes have the same update as everyone else and don't have the same problems. I don't have any issues at all with Showcase or OD. It cannot simply be an update issue. In theory we have identical hardware and software. Not surprised it's taking a while to figure out what the issue is. As the software must be the same perhaps there is some sort of minor hardware difference in newer boxes.

Humax have already said they are aware of the issue and no doubt are trying to sort it out.

Anecdote

I had one of the original Topfield Freeviev+ pvrs. Generally acknowledged as the best and most flexible SD Freeview pvr. They originally suffered from a weird and apparently random missing audio from recordings. It took a few weeks to sort out the issue and for a few of us to upload affected recordings to Topfield.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 20:19:32 #22 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Mines an older box but I'm getting random intermittent issues, sometimes I will get connect to broadband text with either one or the other or both on demand and showcase sections and sometimes the guide just doesn't populate.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 21:19:00 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

-gonzo- - 45 minutes ago  » 
    Mines an older box but I'm getting random intermittent issues, sometimes I will get connect to broadband text with either one or the other or both on demand and showcase sections and sometimes the guide just doesn't populate.

Interesting, how old is your box ?

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 22:05:39 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

My box is an older box and since the update I can never get into 'On Demand' at first time of asking but if I go to 'Settings' It connects automatically and then I get into 'On Demand'. The icon boxes on 'On Demand' are empty all the time since the update.
    I never look at 'Showcase' but since reading this I have checked it a couple of times and it seems to be working OK.
    The station logos have vanished from the 'TV Guide'.
    Why are these updates not thoroughly tested before release? They must know by now that the tendency is for their updates to be faulty. To begin with there was a lot of pressure to get updates out so I could almost see the point of rushing it out but lately thes updates have just arrived out of the blue and haven't really addressed any urgent issues so they could easily have taken the time to test them without pis*ing anyone off.
    Instead they decide to release them untested and full of bugs. It's almost as if they enjoy pis*ing people off, otherwise why do it when they don't have to?

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 22:11:46 #25 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

grahamlthompson - 11 minutes ago  » 

February 2013.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 22:23:40 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

-gonzo- - 7 minutes ago  » 

February 2013.

Mines from late 2012 if I remember correctly (I will try and find the receipt).

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 22:32:45 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

grahamlthompson - 10 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 7 minutes ago  » 

February 2013.

Mines from late 2012 if I remember correctly (I will try and find the receipt).

Mines is 18th Jan 2013.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 22:43:38 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sorbiegunnerou - 21 minutes ago  » 
    My box is an older box and since the update I can never get into 'On Demand' at first time of asking but if I go to 'Settings' It connects automatically and then I get into 'On Demand'. The icon boxes on 'On Demand' are empty all the time since the update.
    I never look at 'Showcase' but since reading this I have checked it a couple of times and it seems to be working OK.
    The station logos have vanished from the 'TV Guide'.
    Why are these updates not thoroughly tested before release? They must know by now that the tendency is for their updates to be faulty. To begin with there was a lot of pressure to get updates out so I could almost see the point of rushing it out but lately thes updates have just arrived out of the blue and haven't really addressed any urgent issues so they could easily have taken the time to test them without pis*ing anyone off.
    Instead they decide to release them untested and full of bugs. It's almost as if they enjoy pis*ing people off, otherwise why do it when they don't have to?

Have you read this thread, I have no idea how many users get to check before release if there are any problems. However the number is bound to be pretty small and most likely from those using older boxes.

I imagine Freesat wanted to launch there new improved Showcase. It's also clear that anyone with prior knowledge of the release found any issues.

I happily don't have any issues with either Showcase or ON Demand, but do realise what you are saying is entirely unrealistic.

I guess the great majority of the thousands of freetime boxes out there are not affected (The number of posts on all forums is small in relation to the number of boxes out there).

What is entirely clear is the issue is confined to a relatively small sample of users, just why is hard to find out. Your attitude frankly isn't helping.

Also some users have different symptoms (see Gozos post). You should realise how difficult it is to pin down the cause which in the end may well be down to a server issue at Freesat which is entirely beyond Humax's control.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 22:52:08 #29 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1 post removed.

I agree with entirely with Graham.

Any suggestion that freesat released this software knowing it might cause problems with on demand/showcase beggars belief.

Note: Posts attacking special or any other members will be removed.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 23:36:59 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.