My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New sonyTV, sound problem from humax 1100s

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rayinkent

Recently upgraded my TV to 2020 model Sony bravia, now I'm getting problems with the sound from my humax 1100s.
    When I first play something the sound is fine, then after 10 mins or so the sound goes out of sync.
    Tried setting sound output from Humax box to stereo, also tried adjusting lip sync. Neither worked. On the lip sync I could get it ok, but after a couple of mins it was out of sync again.
    Any ideas?

| Sat 10 Oct 2020 10:13:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

averyjim

First thing I would check is the aerial connection in to the humax. I'm no expert but I think I recall having a similar problem with some recordings a while back on our old Humax where the sync deteriorated when the signal was poor during recording. Granted that was terrestrial, not satellite, but I still think it's worth a look if you haven't already.

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 20:20:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rayinkent

Good shout, but I don't think that is the issue. The signal strength is showing 100% And good .
    Thanks for the reply though.

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 20:38:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You need to adjust the lip synch on the TV not the humax box. the difference is down to the time your TV takes to decode digital audio compared to the video. you should start with Humax box set to no delay and adjust the device used to decode the audio (your TV in this case)

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 20:59:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rayinkent

I've not seen the option to adjust lip sync on the TV, will go have a dig down in the settings.

| Wed 14 Oct 2020 9:12:43 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.