My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

New to HB 1100S

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

joddle

Just got my first HB1100s (second hand) after years with Fosxsat HD - very happy with is so far but a few techie questions about it.

1) As I don't like to have a HDD whirring away all the time, can I use an SSD or Flash drive for recordings?

2) Does the HB 1100S have the same sensitivity and selectivity as the Foxsat HD?

3) Is there any way of listing the non-freesat channels as on the Foxsat HD?

Hoping someone out there knows the answers. Thanks

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 7:43:45 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

To answer your questions:
    1. On my bedroom unit, which is seldom used, I use a USB powered laptop drive in a caddy, with USB power from HB-1000S. So only powered up when the Humax is.
    See also the FAQs https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hb-1000s-is-this-unit-pvr-ready.
    2. I do not know the Foxsat HD only the HDR. The HB-1000S and HDR units have the same firmware. Sensitivity and selectivity and difficult to know exactly what you mean but I imagine the answer is yes.
    3. Yes, change to non-freesay mode. You can then see all the channels numbered from 5000 - it is difficult to identify the channel other than by watching it and creating a written list of what is what.

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 8:50:11 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.