My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

New TV Apps? Web Browser?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

Is it possible to add your own new Apps? It seem that the box can already access the Internet, so a web browser would be the obvious option.

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 13:08:05 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Nope,

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 13:41:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

I guess that FreeSat controls this?

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 13:47:52 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

iantresman - 1 hour ago  » 
    I guess that FreeSat controls this?

In the menus there will I guess be a Humax entry. This in thory allows Humax a degree of freedom in adding custom features to the box outside the G2 UI. How much freedom they have I don't have a clue. However have you ever tried using a webbrowser on a smart device like say a PS3. I wouldn't bother. You sit too far away from a TV to read the small print you do on a tablet/PC. Result you have to blow up the text reducing the available data area so that you have to constantly scroll the display. I can put a webpage on my big screen TV in 1920 x 1080 from my tablet, it's not a good idea. Even Full-HD isn't adequate. Great for streaming video applications etc though. The resolution on my 7" tablet is higher than my big TV, in fact higher than a naked eye can detect individual pixels (retina display). Tiny print is dead easy to read as it's pin sharp.

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 15:05:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

Freesat told me that "The introduction of a web browser would be solely down to and implemented by the manufacturer of your Freesat equipment".

I'll email Humax.

| Mon 9 Dec 2013 14:15:26 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.