My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New user to 1100s some questions & observations

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reddwarf4ever

1- is it possible to change the audio language on a media video, many of mine have dual languages
    2-if I disconnect the Ethernet cable & reconnect to Wi-fi it doesn’t remember the Wi-fi password
    3-HDD or maybe fan seems a little noisy whilst the box is on.....any suggestions
    4-maybe a feature request section could be added, with maybe a voting option, suggested to Humax also
    5-also when searching in TV guide you can have ( LIST) favourites or e.g. movies but not movies in favourites...have also suggested to Humax to allow favourites plus a category
    6-think Drama should be added t the list for TV guide searches
    7-would love to see a wish list auto record facility as is found on the virgin tivo box, suggested to Humax
    8-most of my video on my HDD is in MKV format, some are ok some play audio only and some not at all, but just jump to the next playable video, these play ok on my standalone media player, think Humax support for USB HDD video to be not that great

Sorry about the list, but seemed a lot easier than making multiple posts.....

I do think if Humax or this forum had a feature request section with voting, would save duplicate requests and help gauge how popular ideas were.......

| Wed 5 Sep 2018 11:29:21 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is not possible to choose the audio track for playback

Humax wrote the UI based upon freesat specifications and design.

MKV is not a format but a container which can contain almost any media format and multiple files. I think it is the chipset in the unit which handles media playback.

| Wed 5 Sep 2018 14:06:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Reddwarf4ever - 2 hours ago  » 
    I do think if Humax or this forum had a feature request section with voting, would save duplicate requests and help gauge how popular ideas were.......

I don't think there is much point in having feature requests for a design that is several years old and unlikely to receive major updates. What might be interesting is a thread on what new or improved features people would like to see on new designs.

| Wed 5 Sep 2018 14:20:37 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Martin, It is six years old.

| Wed 5 Sep 2018 14:28:47 #4 |
  5. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Reddwarf4ever - 1 week ago  » 
    1- is it possible to change the audio language on a media video, many of mine have dual languages
    2-if I disconnect the Ethernet cable & reconnect to Wi-fi it doesn’t remember the Wi-fi password
    3-HDD or maybe fan seems a little noisy whilst the box is on.....any suggestions
    4-maybe a feature request section could be added, with maybe a voting option, suggested to Humax also
    5-also when searching in TV guide you can have ( LIST) favourites or e.g. movies but not movies in favourites...have also suggested to Humax to allow favourites plus a category
    7-would love to see a wish list auto record facility as is found on the virgin tivo box, suggested to Humax
    8-most of my video on my HDD is in MKV format, some are ok some play audio only and some not at all, but just jump to the next playable video, these play ok on my standalone media player, think Humax support for USB HDD video to be not that great

Hi,
    (Regarding Number 8 )
    I have the same problem with MKVs, I have narrowed it down to "something" related to Subtitles.
    If I use "Any Video Converter" to remove the subtitles, they play OK.
    No idea why?
    Regards,
    Paul

| Sat 15 Sep 2018 12:48:34 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reddwarf4ever

Thanks, I usually remove subtitles first, but will keep this in mind..

I hope the next gen Humax has SSD and NO FAN as hopefully it shouldn’t be needed, no more clunking sounds and whooping noises....

On another forum....a user fitted a resistor to the fan t slow it down, which made no difference to the temperature and some insulation between the HDD and case plus silicone the fan in and removed the screws.....now silent......maybe Humax weren’t interested in making it quiet !!

| Sat 15 Sep 2018 13:08:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reddwarf4ever

Looks like it is what it is......Humax could have done so much more, particularly the series recording from a wish list as with the TIVO.......

| Wed 26 Dec 2018 14:43:41 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Humax have lost the contract for the next generation of Freesat boxes so highly unlikely they will do anything to improve on the current unless they perceive a new wave of buyers in the interim period. The original design of 2012 release attracted lots of adverse comments because of its lack of obvious features and poor UI and Humax/Freesat have quietly ignored almost all of that criticism. In fact the later 4000T/5000T seems to be worse judging from user responses. I'm certainly not buying one. The 1000S/1010S/1100S series is what it is, you need to accept that.

| Wed 26 Dec 2018 15:38:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reddwarf4ever

Agreed, it does the job, which is the most important thing

Thanks

| Wed 26 Dec 2018 15:44:12 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reddwarf4ever - 3 months ago  » 
    Sorry about the list, but seemed a lot easier than making multiple posts.....

The broadcasters have no way of specifying what is a movie by programme, only what the channel usually broadcasts (eg Film 4). The Freeview epg system does not have this capability, it wasn't designed that way.

So lacking this data in the epg stream Humax or any other box maker clearly can't do this.

You can use free mpeg editing software to delete unwanted audio tracks leaving only the one you want.

TSmuxer GUI.

Because this software does not recode video content the process is very fast. Best approach is to change the container to the box native recording container (transport stream .ts with SD video compressed using mpeg2 and HD H264/AVC as broadcast).

https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

Use the free software MediaInfo to identify what your files actually contain Video, Audio, subtitles and audio described audio tracks.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Have you seen the price of a 2TB SSD. The 2TB Seagate pipeline in both my HDR-1000S and FVP-5000T is inaydible even when sitting 1 metre from both boxes.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-ST2000VM003-Pipeline-3-5-Inch-Internal/dp/B008B0RQ1C/?tag=blusas008-21

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Solid-State-MZ-76E2T0B-EU/dp/B078WRSSVT/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1545848830&sr=8-3&keywords=2tb+ssd

| Wed 26 Dec 2018 19:17:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.