My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

finrod

Hello

I have just received a Humax 9200T (off ebay). Very happy to have it up and running - it's great, wish I could say the same for the manual.

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 8:45:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

finrod - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have just received a Humax 9200T (off ebay). Very happy to have it up and running - it's great, wish I could say the same for the manual.

What software version is it running? Have you formatted the disk (from the HDD control menu) which would be a sensible thing to do with a second hand unit.

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 10:30:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

finrod

Thanks for the reply. I have just updated it to the latest OTA release (this morning at 10 am), followed by a default setting and have formatted the hd. I have also downloaded and printed the latest manual, which I'm currently perusing.

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 11:12:21 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum finrod

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 11:27:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

KeithE

Sorry to jump in here, but I'm in the UK and in the process of considering making the leap away from Sky. I have been looking at the Foxsat as an alternative.
    Couple of questions... Does the Foxsat product 'do' ITV Player and 4OD, as well as iPlayer? I've seen mention that these devices are essentially Linux boxes under the cover... Does this mean that people are developing 'open software' updates to deliver new features etc? If so, how are these distributed and installed? I'm keen to ensure I don't box myself into a corner, and ensure that which ever way I go leaves options open to get an other services as they develop.
    I'd really appreciate any views.
    Thanks

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 11:51:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

KeithE - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Couple of questions... Does the Foxsat product 'do' ITV Player and 4OD, as well as iPlayer?

It does ITV Player but not 4OD.

I've seen mention that these devices are essentially Linux boxes under the cover... Does this mean that people are developing 'open software' updates to deliver new features etc?

Yes there is custom firmware for the Foxsat which adds features but it does not extend to adding new players.

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 12:24:09 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

KeithE

Thanks Martin. Being new to tihis, how do Humax deal with new services? Do they issue new software to provide new services as they come along, or do they want people to trade up to new models for new functionality?

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 15:23:10 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would expect like most suppliers that such issues would depend on where the product was on it's life cycle.

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 15:38:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

KeithE - 1 hour ago  » 
    Being new to tihis, how do Humax deal with new services? Do they issue new software to provide new services as they come along, or do they want people to trade up to new models for new functionality?

Historically speaking, Humax have a very good track record of adding significant functionality to their boxes during the product life. However the Foxsat is a fairly old design so I wouldn't expect a great deal of added functionality.

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 16:45:59 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.