My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Newbie needs help with Raydon's software

(43 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

As a newbie with recently received box am hoping this will be an easy question:

any attemps to tfr video files called VTS_01_1 ( VOB audio files ) etc into AV2HDR for windows results in error msg of "undeterminable length" etc which I understand relates to the .dll not being able to read file length.

I have downloaded the windows version onto an xp sp3 pc and have .net framework 3.5 and 4 extended installed so cannot see why I keep getting this error msg as AV2HDR accepts VOB files doesn't it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, all I want to do is copy my dvd to the humax box and am looking for the easiest route

Cheers Mark

| Mon 13 Aug 2012 22:08:53 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try downloading a copy of tsmuxergui. Open the first .vob using the add button. Use the join button to add any others forming parts of the same title. Select the .ts output option. Use AV2HDR with the resulting single .ts file.

| Tue 14 Aug 2012 9:15:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

Thanks for your response Graham, I was able at last to get a .ts file into AV2HDR which then created the other 2 files for me, however when trying to play the .ts file on the foxsat it wouldn't play and just kept reverting to the media menu, also i couldn't copy it to the foxsat from my usb stick, is there a specific file structure needed for all 3 files on the foxsat? Having used tsmuxr to add and join the files, it seems that there is no way to select multiple vob files in tsmuxr which makes the process very long, is the software for networking the box easy to use for transferring files to the foxsat?

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 10:33:38 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

One of the files created contains the exact path to the .ts and you will not see the files on the Humax UI unless it is correct.

Using ftp within AV2HDR automatically corrects the path to match the selected destination folder. Yes it is easy to use.

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 10:45:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

Thanks REPASSAC, realised that TS file wasn't even on usb stick and usb stick refuses to accept it so will try one more time before giving up, still looking for a free video converter that actually works and converts mkv to .ts file. Having successfully updated the firmware on the box to Raydon's custom media firmware, everything looks the same including the file structure ( no new files etc ) so does this mean the firmware update failed even though on startup the box displays the custom firmware version?

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 12:48:18 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You need to read the readme.
    The software needs to be setup (easy) and after a few clicks you will be able to select which of the optional components you want to install. Using your browser try and open your Fozsats IP address e.g. for me this is http://192.168.0.10/

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 14:17:19 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mamos22 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for your response Graham, I was able at last to get a .ts file into AV2HDR which then created the other 2 files for me, however when trying to play the .ts file on the foxsat it wouldn't play and just kept reverting to the media menu, also i couldn't copy it to the foxsat from my usb stick, is there a specific file structure needed for all 3 files on the foxsat? Having used tsmuxr to add and join the files, it seems that there is no way to select multiple vob files in tsmuxr which makes the process very long, is the software for networking the box easy to use for transferring files to the foxsat?

With Tsmuxergui open, open a windows explorer window. Select the first vob drag to the add button, click on vob2 and shift click on the last one and drag the selected group to the join button in tsmuxer.

Once you have the 3 files/ xx.ts, xx.hmt, xx.nts copied to a usb stick you can replay without copying to the foxsat's hdd.

Insert the stick once the usb stick is recognised, press media and then red. Change the selected device to usb. Your movie should e there like any other re3cording.

As Repassac says easiest way to transfer to the internal hdd is using the custom firmware and the ftp version of AV2HDR.

The old way :-), insert the stick, once recognised press media opt+ and choose file manager. Cursor right to the usb drive click to open it and cursor to the file (you will only see one). Cursor left and open any folder you want to send the file to. The copy/move button should now be active.

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 16:45:55 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

REPASSAC thanks for the prompt, I did read the readme but couldn't connect using my laptop but have now managed to install samba, although i now have full access to the web interface I cannot see the humax on my network, is there a specific network path i should be using? switching the box off and back on again still states in settings that a reboot is needed to enable samba? how else can i trigger a reboot?

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 17:33:52 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Firstly, ensure the windows workgroup is the same on your PC and on the Foxsat settings page (uses the default "workgroup" unless changed) next you can always manually map a network drive using the IP address - that will always work if you have samba running and you are on the same network..

You can enable a reboot by pressing the icon shown.

Check in settings that you did save your settings.

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 19:21:34 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

Graham, thanks for your earlier response, at last I managed to play a file ( although no sound ) on the humax box even if some of the vobs still needed to be removed, am now looking for a converter that converts mkv to ts file or software that rips a dvd to ts, until then I will hold off ripping dvds.

REPASSAC thanks for your reponse too, I could not connect using th ip address, however it seems my networking needs some improvement as I currently have Microsoft Windows Network\Home\Home PC (Mamos) containing printers etc. Will have to play around with my network settings as am a bit of a dummy re networking, I did not see any icon to enable a reboot or any place to save settings ( which settings am I saving? ), where is it, I still see "Item(s) in red require a reboot to take effect." on the settings page underneath the workgroup and hostname?

| Thu 16 Aug 2012 16:36:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.