My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Newbie needs help with Raydon's software

(43 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

mamos22,

I was joking about the firewall.

I had various problems with either missing or broken up sound on my first 4 or 5 goes, but eventually stumbled on a combination that worked for me.

By trial and error I ended up with a three step process:-

1) Use the DVD Decrypter to create the vob file from the DVD as per the link above.
    2) Use Xmedia Recoder software (selecting the preset 'Humax' profile) to create a ts file. There's only a profile for the iCord, but it seemed to work.
    3) Use AV2HDR with FTP to remux the resultant file onto the HDR.

If I missed step 2 or used different preset for the Xmedia, then the final sound was bad or missing. Not sure if I could miss out step 1, but once I'd done that I kept using the same source as I knew it had the sound on it, just tried variation of step 2.

You'll gather, this is not in my area of competence, but I got something that worked for me and also ended up with a version of the film that plays on my Walkman.

Dino

| Wed 22 Aug 2012 14:11:35 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

ok Dino, completely lost on me as you see when I'm in a forum!

well, I'll give it a try a try seeing as I'm this close to getting it working but I was hoping there would be an easy quick fix but just my luck eh?

cheers REPASSAC will also give that a try, so I'm assuming there is no software out there that might rip a movie straight to a ts file that AV2HDR might accept?

Cheers

Mark

| Thu 23 Aug 2012 0:05:00 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

Thanks Dino, it worked!

File played back fine, but it took 2hrs using Xmedia Recoder for a 1.5hr movie, is that about right?

Anyhow at the moment it is the only workable option I have so will continue until I can find something quicker, thanks again!

| Thu 23 Aug 2012 18:30:19 #43 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.