My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

NextGen has finally landed on my T2100

(30 posts)
  1. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Have to say the Recordings / Schedule displays are not all that bad although I would much prefer a straight list (at least the schedule now shows the time they are due to start recording without having to press Info).

Two biggest steps backward in functionality for me are

1) Unable to position the playbar directly or by using the cursor right / left buttons. This one is huge as it has taken me nearly 10 minutes to FF to the end of this morning's WSB coverage!

2) Info of a recording or timer no longer shows the episode number which can make it tricky to work out if you have already watched an episode or not (Black Sails is a series were I was a few weeks behind and having to mix watching on catch-up and recordings).

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 16:07:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

"Have to say the Recordings / Schedule displays are not all that bad."

Pleased you've got it gomezz, but are you joking?

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 16:20:02 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Not at all. I call it as I see it. The title truncation does not seems to too much of an issue for me perhaps because I am the only user and do not have that many recordings (only from BBC1, BT Sport / Eurosport and the occasional other BT TV programme). I also am in the habit of deleting the previous episode of a programme the day before the next episode is due to record so do not have loads of series folders to get lost in.

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 17:12:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

Thanks for that detailed reply. I now understand why you like it so much.
    Sadly users with series stacks (and lots of 'em) are quite rightly complaining.

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 17:51:27 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I would not go as far as to say that I like it. Far from it. Tolerable is the word I would use. I would rather they put effort into restoring playbar functionality though before adding an option for displaying recordings / timers as a list.

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 19:36:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

The timebar 'jump to' feature is the one I miss too. This has been fed back and will be addressed in a future release, along with a few other features.

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 19:43:41 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Of course, if they fixed the Skip to random point while chase-playing an active recording of an internet channel then that would remove the most frequent and important need for being able to move the playpoint quickly.

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 11:57:46 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

"Of course, if they fixed the Skip to random point while chase-playing..."

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by this.

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 16:33:47 #8 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

You start watching a recording before it has finished. This is called chase-playing. If you are then skipping or fast-forwarding over ads or boring bits then you get closer and closer to the live point, maybe catching it up. This is why I tend to start watching a footy match recording 15 minutes after kick-off so I can skip over the half-time puerile punditry and go straight to watching the second half live.

The problem is that with a recording from an internet channel such as BT Sport 1 that when you press Skip instead of moving you one minute on it can throw you back to much earlier in the recording. This is the long-standing bug that it is about time they bloody well fixed.

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 17:07:30 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

"This is the long-standing bug that it is about time they bloody well fixed."
    I agree. I believe it happens if ones gets to or within 30 mins of the live chase play being recorded. Poor.

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 17:53:43 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.