My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

NextGen has finally landed on my T2100

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Well my box has finally updated this morning. Funnily enough although set to SMART it didn't update overnight but once I started the box up as normal.

I must comment that a lot of what I have read concerning this update appears to be OTT. I don't find it bad at all and in some instances better than before. I can't understand why they have done away with the facility to set a 'jump to time' on the time bar. That is regressive and hope it can be reinstated. EPG looks okay though some folk complained it isn't as clear as it used to be - not sure that is correct. I would prefer the previous live channel thumbnail in the top right hand corner rather than transparency, though it is something that I many get used to.

What is a bit of a dogs breakfast is the BT stuff. Bookmarks now appear to be called favourites. However, instead of a tile containing a series e.g. Air Crash Investigation, I now have four separate tiles for that programme but pressing the (i) button for synopsis doesn't appear to be working. Therefore the only way to see which one you want to watch is by press the 'watch now' button then come back out of it if it's not what you wanted. Pretty glaring error if you ask me.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 9:02:47 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

"What is a bit of a dogs breakfast is the BT stuff. Bookmarks now appear to be called favourites."
    Are you referring to the BT Player here, Faust?

"However, instead of a tile containing a series e.g. Air Crash Investigation, I now have four separate tiles for that programme but pressing the (i) button for synopsis doesn't appear to be working."
    When I go into a series stack and flick from tile to tile, the info on that prog appears automatically under the list of tiles.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 11:44:46 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Visionman - 2 hours ago  » 
    "What is a bit of a dogs breakfast is the BT stuff. Bookmarks now appear to be called favourites."
    Are you referring to the BT Player here, Faust?
    "However, instead of a tile containing a series e.g. Air Crash Investigation, I now have four separate tiles for that programme but pressing the (i) button for synopsis doesn't appear to be working."
    When I go into a series stack and flick from tile to tile, the info on that prog appears automatically under the list of tiles.

What I'm seeing is as follows. I have a top row of my bookmarks/favourites in BT My Zone. Directly underneath I have a duplicate row of the same bookmarks/favourites. Selecting either tile will then bring up 'a stack' of programmes in that series. Selecting each one in turn then does provide the info as per your post.

If I delete one of the duplicate tiles they both disappear - I'm assuming it's not supposed to be like this?

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 14:16:52 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

Ah, there you have me at a loss, as I don't subscribe to any of BTs TV channels. I only watch Sky Sports 1&2 in HD. Plus BT Sport HD of course, which includes AMC HD at no extra cost.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 17:23:14 #24 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 
    EPG looks okay though some folk complained it isn't as clear as it used to be - not sure that is correct. I would prefer the previous live channel thumbnail in the top right hand corner rather than transparency, though it is something that I many get used to

I actually prefer not having the thumbnail display and have turned transparency off. This makes it easier to avoid spoilers when selecting a programme or recording to watch. Before I had hold out my hand to cover the corner of the screen.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 19:48:37 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

gomezz - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 
    EPG looks okay though some folk complained it isn't as clear as it used to be - not sure that is correct. I would prefer the previous live channel thumbnail in the top right hand corner rather than transparency, though it is something that I many get used to

I actually prefer not having the thumbnail display and have turned transparency off. This makes it easier to avoid spoilers when selecting a programme or recording to watch. Before I had hold out my hand to cover the corner of the screen.

Eh? you didn't need to have the live channel thumbnail active on the old UI you could turn it off. Regarding transparency. Blimey if you can see what's happening through a mostly opaque background you must have blooming good eyesight. All I can see are shadowy figures.

Have you any clues regarding my previous posts about duplicate tiles in My Zone?

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 21:22:35 #26 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Nope as I don't seem to get them. What I have noticed that the tiles in Schedule often take a long time to populate and occasionally get screwed up such as after deleting an item.

| Tue 4 Apr 2017 7:37:27 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I'm pretty much used to the new UI now and I think it's okay. One or two bugs to be ironed out and a couple of lost features need reintroducing but in the main it's fine and it's modern.

I still can't fathom why UI has no recording buffer though. We need the ability to enter a time into the time bar to jump to that point in a recording reintroducing a.s.a.p.

| Wed 5 Apr 2017 12:36:37 #28 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Just done my weekly timer check and set for the week ahead and it is disconcerting that new timers added to the EPG do not show up straight away in the Schedule. Went out and back in again a couple of times before they showed up.

Also the Watch timer I had set up does not show up in the Schedule but I am not sure if that was always the case as it is the first time (after several years) that I have used one that was not for later in the current viewing session.

| Fri 7 Apr 2017 8:20:56 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

gomezz - 2 hours ago  » 
    Just done my weekly timer check and set for the week ahead and it is disconcerting that new timers added to the EPG do not show up straight away in the Schedule. Went out and back in again a couple of times before they showed up.
    Also the Watch timer I had set up does not show up in the Schedule but I am not sure if that was always the case as it is the first time (after several years) that I have used one that was not for later in the current viewing session.

I have to say I haven't noticed this. I set a few new series links up yesterday via the EPG and they populated immediatley. I assume this is what you mean when you say 'timers'.

| Fri 7 Apr 2017 10:51:14 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.