My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

no audio

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonjo1945

Hi I am a newbie on this forum. I have a FOXT2 box which I used at my caravan on a Panasonic TV. Whilst at the van I had the box connected via a digital optical lead to a soundbar. I now have it at home connected to a Sony TV but cannot get any audio with the box connected with a HDMI lead but if I connect to the sounbar again I do get audio.I have reset the box and tried another lead but no difference. I have tried the audio setting on the remote but that doesn t do anything and does not give any option to change the audio settings

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 15:59:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jonjo1945 - 42 mins ago  » 
    Hi I am a newbie on this forum. I have a FOXT2 box which I used at my caravan on a Panasonic TV. Whilst at the van I had the box connected via a digital optical lead to a soundbar. I now have it at home connected to a Sony TV but cannot get any audio with the box connected with a HDMI lead but if I connect to the sounbar again I do get audio.I have reset the box and tried another lead but no difference.

Can I clarify please; do have an HD FOX-T2 (which uses an external drive to record) or and HDR-FOX T2. Is it HD or SD content you are trying to play?

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 16:44:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonjo1945

Hi My box is the HDR FOX T2. I have an audio problem only, there is not any other problems with the box egarding viewing or recording/playback.

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 16:47:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jonjo1945 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi My box is the HDR FOX T2. I have an audio problem only, there is not any other problems with the box egarding viewing or recording/playback.

Thanks; you have posted in the wrong section of the Forum. Can I repeat my question above "Is it HD or SD content you are trying to play?" (they use different audio encoding). Have you looked in Settings> Preferences> Audio and tried changing the settings?

Admin edit: moved to correct area.

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 18:57:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonjo1945

It is watching anything, live TV, Recorded content radio. The issue is if i connect the box to the TV with HDMI or Aerial lead there is no audio despite seeing the volume go up and down using the remote. If I connect the box direct to the soundbar via the optical lead I do get volume but only through the soundbar and not the TV. Does this explain my problem clearer

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 19:20:27 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonjo1945

The only 2 options in settings are sterio or dolby digital. The manual also states to press the audio button to choose preference but it does not change, if i press the audio button more than once a message pops up saying press the pvr button to operste the receiver

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 19:23:59 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jonjo1945 - 45 mins ago  » 
    The only 2 options in settings are sterio or dolby digital.

So have you tried the stereo option?

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 20:10:00 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonjo1945

Yes makes no difference

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 21:11:06 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Change the TV setting to use the TV speakers.

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 22:09:40 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonjo1945

The tv is already set on speakers

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 17:30:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.