My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No audio via S/PDIF Out connection

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Setup information: -
    Humax HDR-1100S set top box is the audio source with HDMI 1.4 Out and S/PDIF Out options.
    Television is a Panasonic TX-39A400B with two HDMI ports HDMI1 and HDMI2, which are probably v2.0 due to August 2014 purchase date. The Panasonic HDMI2 port has ARC. I have turned down the Panasonic TV audio volume to 'zero' and not muted it.

I have a "Cambridge TV2 V2" sound base with both HDMI and Optical inputs.

Humax S/PDIF Out to Cambridge TV2 V2 via Optical cable: -
    This connection is in addition to the HDMI connection from Humax to the Panasonic TV HDMI1 port which is required for video. I expected the Humax to auto-select the Optical cable for audio output to the TV2 V2 and use the HDMI output for video only to the Panasonic TV.

Problem - Switching TV and Humax ON switches ON the TV2 V2 but there is no audio. This is odd since audio from the Humax must have been detected by the TV2 V2 in order to auto-switch ON the TV2 V2 so why can’t I hear any audio?

I have checked that the Humax and TV2 V2 volumes are up and both are working by connecting them up differently: - HDMI cable from Humax to Panasonic TV then optical connection from Panasonic TV to TV2 V2 gives good audio. It seems to be the Humax S/PDIF audio output that is the problem but I can't see any Humax "settings" options that might help.

Thanks in advance.

| Sun 5 Jan 2020 14:05:48 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Perhaps I should add that the Humax "Audio Type" is set to "Stereo" and "Digital Audio Out" is set to "Multi-Channel".

Hope this helps.

| Sun 5 Jan 2020 16:10:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I changed the Humax "Digital Audio Out" setting to "Stereo" and this fixed the problem so all sorted.

| Sun 5 Jan 2020 18:26:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Why haven't you switched off the TVs internal speakers completley using Hotel Mode?

| Mon 6 Jan 2020 14:18:49 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.