My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No channel 10

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

manofkent

Tuning to ITV 3 I get a message saying that no programmes are being broadcast on this channel even though I can see it on normal TV. Performed a retune but no difference. Why? thanks

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 21:12:18 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

manofkent - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Tuning to ITV 3 I get a message saying that no programmes are being broadcast on this channel even though I can see it on normal TV. Performed a retune but no difference. Why? thanks

Which transmitter do you get Freeview from ? How is the aerial signal connected to your pvr and passed on to your TV.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 21:30:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

manofkent

We receive from the Mendip transmitter. Coax from aerial and HDMI TV to pvr.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 21:33:48 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

manofkent - 22 minutes ago  » 
    We receive from the Mendip transmitter. Coax from aerial and HDMI TV to pvr.

My Freeview signal comes from Sutton Coldfield via the Lark stoke relay so the fact that ITV3 works fine means nothing. What does the signal diagnostics on the 1800T say the signal strength and especially the quality is while tuned to ITV 3. Is the quality and strength steady or varying wildly.

No engineering work is scheduled.

Start by disconnecting any HDMI cabling from other kit routed close to the 1800T aerial input.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 22:01:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

manofkent

I have checked this morning and the signal strength is 76% and quality 100% both steady. Removing the second HDMI cable (DVD) has not altered the situation.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 8:25:42 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

manofkent

Now here's a funny thing, channel 10 is not broadcasting programmes says my humax but channel 34 (itv3+1) is ok. Curiouser and Couriouser.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 22:04:13 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

manofkent - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Now here's a funny thing, channel 10 is not broadcasting programmes says my humax but channel 34 (itv3+1) is ok. Curiouser and Couriouser.

Would seem to be a fault in the however the channels in the mux are delivered to your Mendip transmitter for broadcast on COM 4 UHF channel 48. Only a member on the same transmitter can comment.

Unlike Freesat where much of the UK have the same source the problem will be local to you.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 23:07:46 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Would seem to be a fault in the however the channels in the mux are delivered to your Mendip transmitter for broadcast on COM 4 UHF channel 48.

How can it be a transmitter fault when the OP said in the first post that "a normal TV" can receive ITV 3?

| Fri 2 Nov 2018 0:20:28 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 9 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Would seem to be a fault in the however the channels in the mux are delivered to your Mendip transmitter for broadcast on COM 4 UHF channel 48.

How can it be a transmitter fault when the OP said in the first post that "a normal TV" can receive ITV 3?

Transmitter Reduced power, longer coax cabling to TV or passive splitter(s) in the route. TV has a more sensitive tuner.

| Fri 2 Nov 2018 9:34:33 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

manofkent

I use an aerial 2 way aerial booster with separate short coax's to TV and pvr. Swapped them over but no change. Google says ITV 3 is also on freeview 788 but we don't seem to receive that.

| Fri 2 Nov 2018 9:42:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.