My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

No HD Captions....

(6 posts)
  1. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi,
    Just installed this machine today and one thing I have noticed is when viewing ITV,Ch4 and BBC2.....there is no caption that appears to watch these channels in HD.
    BBC1 is the only channel that works....
    I have done a factory reset and its still the same...Signal strength is fine with these channels...
    Any ideas?
    Cheers.

| Fri 10 May 2013 15:36:44 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

Surely that is a good thing, you should be watching the HD channels anyway, and only need the SD versions if you want to watch a regional programme that is not available on the HD channels.

| Fri 10 May 2013 19:07:53 #2 |
  3. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi....thanks for replying....
    Its just that when I first set it up this caption came up.....Off course I.ll watch it in HD....after all that was the main reason for buying this product....:-)

I.ve now come across another problem...while watching all of the BBC Channels they are all broke up,with low signal strength.....however when I go to channel numbers 819,820,821 etc....they are clear and with full signal.
    Can I edit these channels so they will be on Ch1,2 etc....It must be a regional blip, although these channels were fine this morning.
    Cheers....

| Fri 10 May 2013 19:41:51 #3 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

It sounds like you are receiving from more than one transmitter, and would benefit from a manual tune so that you only receive from the correct transmitter.

| Fri 10 May 2013 19:49:29 #4 |
  5. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Thanks Brian.....I,ll check that out tomorrow....All the RTE channels are in the 800,s so your probably correct.
    Just getting used to the recording aspect of it..was used to the Sky+ box....ditched that!...lol

Many thanks....

| Fri 10 May 2013 22:13:58 #5 |
  6. brian

brian

special member

Getting rid of your Sky+ box sounds like a good move. In my opinion, I found the Sky+ box to be the worst PVR that I have Ever used.

Hopefully, you will soon get used to your HDR-FOX T2.

| Sat 11 May 2013 5:24:55 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.