My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No interchange with Foxsat recordings

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrykap

I'm afraid, even after only a couple of hours of getting my 1000S that I have made a BIG mistake in buying one.

I was under the impression that I could just plug in my USB drive that had loads of recordings copied from my old Foxsat HDR and simply play them, and even copy them over to the 1000S HD. But all I can do is list the recordings and if I attempt to play them via the media player in the box, it says 'files unsupported' or something. This assumption was paramount in my decision to upgrade to a 1000s. Now it seems it is nothing like what I wanted.

Anyone else equally frustrated?

Barry

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 17:44:02 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If they are HD recordins they can only be played by the unit that recorded them. SD should be fine.
    With the custom firmware you can play SD recordins direct from the Foxsat over the network.

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 17:52:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrykap

They are all HD recordings. The filetypes are TS and the 1000S inferred that it was the filetype that was the problem. Not tried anything else with them yet though.

If what you say is true though, what is the point of copying to a USB drive if they can only be played back in the original receiver? May as well keep them on the internal HD if so. I would have expected them to be playable in any other similar Foxsat HDR machine via the USB socket.

Why are Humax products SO inflexible!? I have an old Humax CI8100 Satbox and anything recorded on it's HD is unplayable or even transferable to anything, even if I take the HD out and use all kinds of file-system readers. The file-system is unique to that Humax box. Think I have been supporting the wrong manufacturer here.

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 19:17:07 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

barrykap - 58 minutes ago  » 
    They are all HD recordings. The filetypes are TS and the 1000S inferred that it was the filetype that was the problem. Not tried anything else with them yet though.
    If what you say is true though, what is the point of copying to a USB drive if they can only be played back in the original receiver? May as well keep them on the internal HD if so. I would have expected them to be playable in any other similar Foxsat HDR machine via the USB socket.
    Why are Humax products SO inflexible!? I have an old Humax CI8100 Satbox and anything recorded on it's HD is unplayable or even transferable to anything, even if I take the HD out and use all kinds of file-system readers. The file-system is unique to that Humax box. Think I have been supporting the wrong manufacturer here.

I get the impression that this is what freesat wants - many other freesat pvr's don't let you copy at all.
    I think the landscape may be changing now the DLNA has copy protection I think streaming on your local network should be OK in the future.

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 20:18:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrykap

I certainly hope so.

It has killed the joy of satellite reception for me and many others I'm sure.

Put a small tax on the boxes to cover copyright fees I say.

Barry

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 21:55:22 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.