grahamlthompson

special member

AlanFoxsat - 9 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 16 minutes ago  » 

AlanFoxsat - 43 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Not sure if this will help.
    http://www.purplesat.com/index.php?p=1_48_FOXSAT-HIDDEN-MENU
    I do remember in the early days if you use a motor the Foxsat effectively reverts to a single tuner for Freesat operations. It works OK using diseqc and multiple lnbs ( I had a small dish on 19.2E for a while).

I read that too and it says in the menu "one cable".
    At present, as a test, I am recording both BBC One South and ITV+1 and viewing ITV2. I assume that means I must be using two tuners?

Should be impossible Even with two
    cables
    961 BBC 1 South 10817 V
    112 ITV+1 10891 H
    113 ITV2 10758 V

Kingofsat shows itv1 +1 at 10758 V. It might have moved in Feb.
    Anyway my plan of switching to 145 before standby did not work. A planned recording for BBC1 did not start. When I switched it on it said there was a conflict with the current channel (145) only when I cancelled that did it switch to BBC1 and start recording.
    Would that have worked if I had two cable (one feed - loop through) or would the same problem still exist?

Very strange, I can't get at my Foxsat-hdr to check the transponder but this is a very recent data dump.

112 ITV +1 TV-SD Freesat Open 10145 270 2358 2359 2358 2360 2360 freesat 28.2E 10891 22000 H

You can easily check the transponder by pressing opt+ while viewing the channel.

The Custom Firmware has a satinfo package that details the transponders for each channel.

I don't think any ITV channels have moved this year unless it happened today (If it had your Foxsat wouldn't pick it up till tomorrow during overnight housekeeping.

Yes it would have worked if ITV+1 really is on the transponder you think. The rules are any two channels can be recorded providing they are in the same frequency band (high/low) and polarisation. A third channel can be viewed if it shares a transponder with either recording. (in the special case if both recordings are from the same transponder (only 1 tuner is needed). In this event any 3rd channel meeting the band and polarisation requirements can be viewed.

In this case all are low band vertical.

See

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Freesat channels on 10758 V

977 ITV 1 London (audio described) 10758 V
    602 CITV 10758 V
    118 ITVBe 10758 V
    117 ITV4 10758 V
    113 ITV2 10758 V
    103 ITV (Granada) 10758 V
    103 ITV (Central West) 10758 V
    103 ITV (Anglia North) 10758 V
    103 ITV (London) 10758 V

| Sun 5 Apr 2015 21:07:15 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanFoxsat

Nice spreadsheet.

OPT+ for 112 ITV +1 is showing me 10758 V.

Still getting back to the original problem, still don't know why with motor antenna, single cable, why does it have a problem coming out of standby only on some channels. What is it with these channels that fails? (interactive services or something maybe??) If it could just record the channel it was on before standby, I could make that work. It even works on RTL in freesat mode (added with custom firmware) which is on a different satellite???

| Sun 5 Apr 2015 21:44:34 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AlanFoxsat - 45 minutes ago  » 
    Nice spreadsheet.
    OPT+ for 112 ITV +1 is showing me 10758 V.
    Still getting back to the original problem, still don't know why with motor antenna, single cable, why does it have a problem coming out of standby only on some channels. What is it with these channels that fails? (interactive services or something maybe??) If it could just record the channel it was on before standby, I could make that work. It even works on RTL in freesat mode (added with custom firmware) which is on a different satellite???

A real mystery. Firing up the Foxsat to check satinfo. Will probably have to look into it on Monday.

See for yourself, at a loss why you have 112 on a different transponder, unless it's a postcode issue. Not aware the ITV+1 channel has regional variations. What area postcode have you used ?

EDIT - It's a postcode issue, just checked ITV+1 has regional variations. You could use the channel editor to add these to freesat mode which would increase the single cable recording options.

Simple test

Record 300 Film 4 - can you watch say 124 More 4 ?

I will check out 10758 V using non freesat tomorrow.

Attachments

1. screen_2015-04-05_22.34.51.jpg (258.2 KB, 3 downloads) 9 years old
    | Sun 5 Apr 2015 22:36:53 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanFoxsat

Yes, it seems there are regional variants for +1. I am meridian. I was confused with Kingofsat as 10758 shows as ITV 1 +1 but 10891 includes the region in the name e.g. ITV 1 London +1.

| Sun 5 Apr 2015 23:02:48 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanFoxsat

OK now I'm confused I thought of a temporary workaround to set a manual recording on one of the "good" channels, for one minute, 15 minutes before a real scheduled recording. (i.e. wake it up on a good channel) I tried this and it worked.

However, now I cannot get it to go wrong at all. i.e. I can go to standby from any channel, switch back on again and do NOT get the "no or bad signal" error. It was 100% reproducible and currently it totally isn't and I don't think anything has changed

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 11:16:35 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AlanFoxsat - 1 hour ago  » 
    OK now I'm confused I thought of a temporary workaround to set a manual recording on one of the "good" channels, for one minute, 15 minutes before a real scheduled recording. (i.e. wake it up on a good channel) I tried this and it worked.
    However, now I cannot get it to go wrong at all. i.e. I can go to standby from any channel, switch back on again and do NOT get the "no or bad signal" error. It was 100% reproducible and currently it totally isn't and I don't think anything has changed

You shocked it in to working You don't need to actually record anything. One of the options for a manual recording is watch, this wakes the box completely and switches to the channel but other than tbe time shift buffer it doesn't record anything. Did you try the simple test to see if you have full dual cable recording capability ?

My box wakes daily 05:00 - 05:15 on 108 (Daily - Watch), this generates my changes e-mail.

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 12:29:46 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanFoxsat

As far as I can tell, it is still working in two tuner mode (of some description), if you want me to test any particular channel combinations let me know. I can record two channels and switch to about 70 others. It actually seems better than when I tested fixed dish and two cable-single feed in that I can only switch to valid channels and not get "no or bad signal".

I did notice the "watch" schedule. I wonder if, if I had several recordings planned over an evening, I could set a "watch" for the entire evening and it would still switch away from the "watched" channel as required? (i.e. default no action from the conflict screen) Of course, this is only if the problem returns. I assume the box switches off after the watch period, if nothing is scheduled in the next 15 (20?) minutes.

I do wonder if leaving unplugged over night might have fixed it. I did switch off and on at the back yesterday after changing settings but only for a few seconds. I THINK I got the problem again first thing this morning but I have tried so many things I can't be sure now. It still works now.

It's odd that the display and led were still lit after being unplugged for several hours!

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 13:02:47 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AlanFoxsat - 3 minutes ago  » 
    It's odd that the display and led were still lit after being unplugged for several hours!

I presume you mean in sby - nothing works if unplugged

The box has two sby modes with Low Power Sby turned off the clock is displayed 24/7.

The front led goes out about 30 seconds after the power is removed if in low power sby (much faster if not).

I posted a test in post 13

Simple test

The box will switch off if previously in sby, it won't if the watch reservation is actioned while the box is booted.

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 13:07:57 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanFoxsat

Just had one thought. One of the last things I tried yesterday was updating the loader from 7.52 to 7.54. I read there was a fix for motors in 7.53. It obviously rebooted after updating and the problem still existed but maybe it needed full power cycle?

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 13:08:38 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanFoxsat

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 

AlanFoxsat - 3 minutes ago  » 

I presume you mean in sby - nothing works if unplugged
    The box has two sby modes with Low Power Sby turned off the clock is displayed 24/7.
    I posted a test in post 13
    Simple test
    The box will switch off if previously in sby, it won't if the watch reservation is actioned while the box is booted.

I missed that test, sorry. No I cannot do that combination. 300 and 125 but not 300 and 124. I don't mind those limitation. TBH it's only a secondary PVR as I have cable/tivo so is a kind of spill over for occasional stuff and RTL (f1 etc) and where I want to "archive".

EDIT: I meant the front panel display. That and the red led remain dimly lit after hours of being unplugged!

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 13:16:18 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.