3. User has not uploaded an avatar

luca10

Attachments

1. 115.jpg (85.9 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    | Mon 29 Oct 2018 19:38:14 #53 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

They all look fine so just need to find out why the transponder with your radio channels has such poor reception. Doesn't seem to be much wrong with the lnb or dish alignment.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 19:41:03 #54 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

See #25, also are there any other equipment near the Foxsat?
    Which dish is the Foxsat connected to?

| Tue 30 Oct 2018 7:43:26 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

luca10

Re Questions is My FOXSAT situated near any equipment – the FOXSAT unit is situated on top a Panasonic DVD blue ray player but separated via a shelf (ie both units do not sit on top of another). Do you think this can cause some interference?

Which dish is the Foxsat connected to? – I don’t know the name or model or type of dish. I inherited the dish from the previous owner (at least over 10 yrs old plus) I bought the property from which was already attached to the house. It was an old SKY dish as he used to have SKY TV which I don’t subscribe to. There is a pic above in this thread of what my dish looks like. Appears to be the standard dish and similar to the ones I see on other flats close by.

Graham – re your question, Have I checked the f connectors for water at the rear of the box ? If you mean the rear of my FOXSAT unit there is no dampness or any water source present. In fact the living room is quite warm all year around where my unit is located. You mentioned there Doesn't seem to be much wrong with the lnb or dish alignment, so what else do I need to do to fix this issue? Have attached a pic of the cabling at the back on my HUMAX unit which looks a bit frayed in respect to the copper fine wiring. Do those cords needs to be replace & or could it be that this is causing interference on my radio stations? All I am interested in is getting a good signal on – heart (channel 733), absolute 80’s (channel 726) & smooth radio UK (channel 732).

Thanks once again for everyone’s responses.

Attachments

1. Cords.jpeg (20 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    | Tue 30 Oct 2018 18:07:53 #56 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

luca10 - 1 minute ago  » 
    Re Questions is My FOXSAT situated near any equipment – the FOXSAT unit is situated on top a Panasonic DVD blue ray player but separated via a shelf (ie both units do not sit on top of another). Do you think this can cause some interference?
    Which dish is the Foxsat connected to? – I don’t know the name or model or type of dish. I inherited the dish from the previous owner (at least over 10 yrs old plus) I bought the property from which was

already attached to the house. It was an old SKY dish as he used to have SKY TV which I don’t subscribe to. There is a pic above in this thread of what my dish looks like. Appears to be the standard dish and similar to the ones I see on other flats close by.
    Graham – re your question, Have I checked the f connectors for water at the rear of the box ? If you mean the rear of my FOXSAT unit there is no dampness or any water source present. In fact the living room is quite warm all year around where my unit is located. You mentioned there Doesn't seem to be much wrong with the lnb or dish alignment, so what else do I need to do to fix this issue? Have attached a pic of the cabling at the back on my HUMAX unit which looks a bit frayed in respect to the copper fine wiring. Do those cords needs to be replace & or could it be that this is causing interference on my radio stations? All I am interested in is getting a good signal on – heart (channel 733), absolute 80’s (channel 726) & smooth radio UK (channel 732).
    Thanks once again for everyone’s responses.

Your living room has nothing to do with it. If the connections at the lnb weren't properly water proofed the water travels down the inside of the coax cables. Also check for damage to the coax outer sheath as this can also let in water.

If the copper screen coming out of the f connector isn't touching the centre core it should be fine. . Unscrew one and then screw the connector off the end of the cable revealing the centre conductor and screen. Refer to the link I posted though you won't need the grease for internal connections.

| Tue 30 Oct 2018 18:12:26 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

luca10

Hi Graham

So basically after all our communication your of the belief that the COAXIAL F-PLUG & CABLE needs to be replaced of which I also need to use silicone grease water proof agent you recommended from the above links.

I attached a new pic of the LNB which states “Wistron Quad LNB Part No 13671 Model FF8”. The 2 cable heads protruding from the LNB look a little weathered & I notice black masking tape around each cable head has been used around the connecting points into the LNB presumably from the owner or the installer which appears flimsy. That doesn’t look correct would you agree?

Could this be the likely culprit re me not being able to view & listen to some of the FREESAT channels & radio stations posted above.

Let me know. Thanks

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 17:41:06 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

luca10

LNB Pic attached

Attachments

1. LNB.jpg (64.1 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    | Wed 31 Oct 2018 17:43:02 #59 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The lnb looks to be mounted vertically, It should be twisted as Repassac states. There should be a mark on the lnb showing the correct skew.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/LNB_skew.htm

It's not that critical if a lot out it can result in the loss of horizontal or vertical transponders depending on which way it's out.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 18:42:03 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.