My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

"No or bad signal" on ITV, BBC2 and others

(15 posts)
  1. patpending

patpending

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 

patpending - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I have found the secret menu on the Foxsat box but can't see how to set it up to access the 19.2°E channels which I know are there (another Technomate receiver can see them). I looked at the FAQ but didn't see this.

http://www.purplesat.com/index.php?p=1_48_THE-FOXSAT-HIDDEN-MENU

Thanks again, Graham. I was looking at that page (how I found the menu) but when it hops straight to the "motorised dish" option it loses me. I can't work out what I must have done when I first set the box up in order to get 19.2°E as my "alternative" non-Freesat satellite on one fixed dish with two LNBs, one switch, and one cable to the receiver. Surely this stuff is all written down somewhere...
    I'm sorry to bother you.

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 15:00:07 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patpending - 5 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 

patpending - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I have found the secret menu on the Foxsat box but can't see how to set it up to access the 19.2°E channels which I know are there (another Technomate receiver can see them). I looked at the FAQ but didn't see this.

http://www.purplesat.com/index.php?p=1_48_THE-FOXSAT-HIDDEN-MENU

Thanks again, Graham. I was looking at that page (how I found the menu) but when it hops straight to the "motorised dish" option it loses me. I can't work out what I must have done when I first set the box up in order to get 19.2°E as my "alternative" non-Freesat satellite on one fixed dish with two LNBs, one switch, and one cable to the receiver. Surely this stuff is all written down somewhere...
    I'm sorry to bother you

You need the fixed antenna option.

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 15:06:16 #12 |
  3. patpending

patpending

Thanks. I've got the freesat up now and I'll return to it later.
    I have tried so many combinations I hope I can document what I have actually done when I eventually get it to work!
    Thank you so much.

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 15:56:09 #13 |
  4. patpending

patpending

GOT IT!

For posterity: How to set up a second, non-Freesat satellite on a Foxsat HDR with a single dish, 2LNB, single cable installation.

Attach the satellite input to the Foxsat HDR and connect the box to your television, e.g. by SCART.

Turn on the TV.

Turn on your Foxsat and ensure you are watching its output.

Press the MENU key on the Foxsat remote control.

Choose Setup (third icon down, a satellite dish)

Move cursor to right to select "Freesat Tune".

With that bar selected, activate secret menu: - press Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue (Red is not repeated) and you are now in the Secret Menu headed "Manual Setup"

select first choice "Antenna Setting" - be very careful that you are now in a menu headed "Antenna Setting" as it easily hops to "Manual Search" which happened on my other attempts today. If necessary, press "Back".

IN the menu "Antenna Setting" ensure these are selected:

Antenna Type - Fixed Antenna

Connection Type - One Cable

Move down to the bar "Satellite Setting" and press "OK"

"Tuner" is greyed out. On "Satellite" choose the name of your non-Freesat satellite, e.g. Astra 1. To set up the second satellite, you then have to move down to DiSEqC Input and choose the appropriate letter. On mine non-Freesat is DiSEqC A, it might be B for many of you.

SAVE this screen.

Now you are back in Antenna Setting. Although there is a box there "Search", that won't work. Exit this screen to the previous one "Manual Setup" and go to the second option "Manual Search" choosing the non-freesat satellite you have just set up.

Saving the scanned channels and exiting the scan is very tricky. Do this carefully. Click on YES ONCE only for "save the result" and you are back in the Manual Search screen. Click on BACK to return to the Manual Setup secret menu and click BACK again twice to return to the main menu.

The top item in the menu ("Settings") now has a final entry "STB Mode "Freesat" or "Non-Freesat". From now on , to toggle between satellites, you press MENU, choose the first option Settings, go to "STB Mode" and press the Right button to move to the other satellite.

Note that the Guide/PVR function is supported only for Freesat, though you can manually start a disc recording of a non-Freesat programme.

Hope that's recorded it for posterior!

NEXT - a jolly time MOVING the non-Freesat channels!

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 1:07:09 #14 |
  5. patpending

patpending

The above would surely be a good answer to FAQ.

I have just discovered that "LNB Short" does not mean "wire is not long enough"

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 21:26:03 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.