My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

no picture through sony av receiver but there is n

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mgevolution

i have the 1100s with the newest update.

i had this issue when i bought the box back in oct but i have been running the 1100s direct to the tv with the sound to my sony av receiver through a optical lead. it works ok but i need 3 controllers to swap between 1100s/ps3/chromecast etc.

i have had another look today. the 1100s goes through hdmi 1 (Sat) on the sony av. (never had a issue with sky hd or any other hdmi input device)
    i have tried the 1100s on the other 2 inputs and still the same problem.

while running through hdmi 1 on the sony av i have a blank screen while sound is being played through the hdmi (hdmi shown on sony av display) and the sound is now consistant.

i have changed the 1100s to 1080p and also the display to anamorphic instead of auto.
    i believe auto was cycling the screen as my sound was phasing in and out before every 4-5 seconds.

while writing this the tv has now turned itself off due to no picture being displayed and has automatically turned off the sony av unit and the 1100s. this is/was normal for the sky hd box setup and shows the control function is working through the hdmi.

i know its not a major issue as i can still set it all up to get everything to work but i would like to run everything through the sony av (that's whats its there for)

any ideas?

is this a issue with the hdcp thingy but my sony av is unable to show the message?

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 16:09:18 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Which Sony AV receiver do you have ? My 1000S worked fine with a STRDN1050. Try turning of CEC control on your TV and on the receiver.

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 17:20:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mgevolution

hi, i have the STR-KS100 sony unit. turning off the control (cec?) doesnt make any difference unfortunately.

| Sun 21 Feb 2016 8:09:32 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mgevolution - 2 hours ago  » 
    hi, i have the STR-KS100 sony unit. turning off the control (cec?) doesnt make any difference unfortunately.

If using another HDMI cable doesn't work I would have a word with Sony, there may be a firmware update for the unit.

| Sun 21 Feb 2016 10:48:44 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.