My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

No remote recording to FVP5000 - app or laptop

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

Thanks for that, I think you might have identified a possible solution. I think the retune may have something to do with it - plus deleting the old recordings. My remote recording also started working again (not with the android app though) after my retune and after deleting a lot of old recordings and scheduled programmes, but was not sure if that was just coincidence as I was trying lots of things.

I do remember Humax support telling me that if you live in an area where automatic tune finds duplicate channels from different transmitters (I get Waltham and some Yorkshire channels duplicated on auto retune) it can affect the Live TV App bringing up the programme guide. Just deleting the unwanted duplicates did not seem to always work.

Recently, I have found out the Waltham channels (my local transmitter) and manually retuned to just those - so no duplicates. Now the remote recording works. I also removed old recordings and a lot of old scheduled recordings for programmes no longer being transmitted (they just stay there unless deleted it seems). So maybe deleting old recordings/schedules and manually retuning to your local TV transmitter can provide a solution to remote recording not working for other people with the same problem.

| Sat 5 Feb 2022 9:40:07 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

Good while it lasted. Remote recording from app stopped and MyHumax portal not working either

| Wed 15 Jun 2022 13:12:24 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.