My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No Satelite Signal

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Point

Bought our humax HDR 1000S November 2012. The software version is 1.016. We can be watching fine then suddenly it say weak or lost signal and there is no picture. If we switch it off and on again a few times or leave it a little while it come back and we can watch TV again. This can happen a number of times a day and will prevent it recording programmes. It is imensley frustrating and not a problem we had with our sky box. Is there a solution to this or is it likely to be a faulty box?

| Tue 8 Jan 2013 21:12:11 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Point - 53 minutes ago  » 
    Bought our humax HDR 1000S November 2012. The software version is 1.016. We can be watching fine then suddenly it say weak or lost signal and there is no picture. If we switch it off and on again a few times or leave it a little while it come back and we can watch TV again. This can happen a number of times a day and will prevent it recording programmes. It is imensley frustrating and not a problem we had with our sky box. Is there a solution to this or is it likely to be a faulty box?

What signal level do you have on 407 (also the freesat transponder) Which channel do you get this on and can you view others?

| Tue 8 Jan 2013 22:07:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Point

Sorry not sure what you mean by 'What signal level is on 407'. How do I find that out. It is now receiving a signal again so we can watch it again. I am new to this so not sure how the box works. How would I find out which channel we get the freesat transponderon?

Thanks

| Tue 8 Jan 2013 22:17:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Point

Signal strength on both feeds is currently good and quality is normal

| Tue 8 Jan 2013 22:25:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ALAN 1

Have the same problem no signal blank screen, always seem to happen when switching back from BBCi player, have to put into standby and on again then all channels are okay. lets hope Humax are aware of this,and one of many other bugs

| Tue 8 Jan 2013 23:35:23 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Point: Channel 407 shares the freesat transponder.

I would carefully check the F connectors to ensure the inner core is of sufficient length and the screening makes a good electrical connection. The kength of the inner core required to make a good connection can vary slightly on different PVR's.

| Wed 9 Jan 2013 9:15:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Point

Hi Repassac

The inner core length seems fine but will double check. As it is an intermittent fault I am assuming it maybe software related.

| Wed 9 Jan 2013 9:19:22 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Point - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Repassac
    The inner core length seems fine but will double check. As it is an intermittent fault I am assuming it maybe software related.

Not seen any reports elsewhere - my guess is that is cable/connections or a defective unit.

You mentioned that you had good signal quality on both feeds - can you check the quality 407 and confirm the message at the foot of the signal info page shows two cables.

| Wed 9 Jan 2013 11:05:22 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Point

Hi Repassac

Thanks for this. How do I check the quality 407 and the message at the foot of the signal info page. Do I go to channel 407 the through the settings?

| Wed 9 Jan 2013 18:32:13 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Change to the channel - then go info Settings - System Info - Signal Info. The signal strneg and quality will be shown (quality is the more important). The HDR-10000S currently only displays active tuners. You should note the message at the foot of this page should confirm two cable operation,

| Wed 9 Jan 2013 20:01:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.