My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No Satelite Signal

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Point

Still struggling with signal. I have spoken to humax who say that I need to get a new satelite dish or the existuing one altered as in some areas you cannot just plug it in to a sky dish and have it work.

Thanks for your help

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 19:07:16 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Point - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Still struggling with signal. I have spoken to humax who say that I need to get a new satelite dish or the existuing one altered as in some areas you cannot just plug it in to a sky dish and have it work.
    Thanks for your help

That's why Repassac asked you to look at FASHION ONE. This channel is on the Freesat home transponder. If you can view it there won't be much wrong with your dish/lnb.

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 19:18:49 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Point

Thanks Graham. We can view that channel but then the signal drop our then comes back etc.The signal quality ranges from good to normal then will drop out!

So on this basis are you suggesting it is the box?

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 19:40:53 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Point - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. We can view that channel but then the signal drop our then comes back etc.The signal quality ranges from good to normal then will drop out!
    So on this basis are you suggesting it is the box?

No, the fact that the signal is so poor/variable is pretty sure to be a dish, lnb or coax cable issue. Could be one of a number of issues, dish alignment, lnb skew, water in the coax cables, failing lnb even some sort of local interference. If your router or a cordless phone is close to the box try turning them off.

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 21:49:24 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

moshep

Hi all,

I am also having the occasional issue with the signal on my HDR-1000S. I am pretty confident that it is the stb at fault. The issue has occurred for me after watching recordings (usually after a few episodes of Raa Raa the Noisy Lion for my little one). After watching a recording the box indicates there is no signal. Checking the signal strength indicates there is no signal at all. Putting the box into standby and bring it back on-line cures the issue. Checking the signal strength at this point gives 95% signal and 100% quality. I struggle to believe that this is a problem with the dish alignment or cabling, certainly no other stb have had this issue. And I would be surprised if simply putting the stb in standby would correct a cabling/alignment issue.

I do have a feeling that I have only experience this problem since the latest software update so I kind of feel it is related to the unit.

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 17:40:12 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

moshep - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Hi all,
    I am also having the occasional issue with the signal on my HDR-1000S. I am pretty confident that it is the stb at fault. The issue has occurred for me after watching recordings (usually after a few episodes of Raa Raa the Noisy Lion for my little one). After watching a recording the box indicates there is no signal. Checking the signal strength indicates there is no signal at all. Putting the box into standby and bring it back on-line cures the issue. Checking the signal strength at this point gives 95% signal and 100% quality. I struggle to believe that this is a problem with the dish alignment or cabling, certainly no other stb have had this issue. And I would be surprised if simply putting the stb in standby would correct a cabling/alignment issue.
    I do have a feeling that I have only experience this problem since the latest software update so I kind of feel it is related to the unit.

Try a factory reset. It's not an issue I have seen reported before. The other poster had symptoms consistent with a signal problem probably weather related.

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 17:52:09 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

moshep

I've only really conclusively seen this as an issue as I have been paying slightly more attention since getting a few no signal messages.

I have previously done a factory reset which fixed a separate issue where I was getting flickering on the screen when bringing the stb out of standby after it had been in standby for a while.
    I can give that another go, but its a pain if I am going to have to keep doing a factory reset.

The little one is still watching Raa Raa so I'll give that a go a little later. It will be difficult to tell initially if it has helped as I only see this issue infrequently.

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 18:05:07 #17 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

moshep - 4 hours ago  » 
    I've only really conclusively seen this as an issue as I have been paying slightly more attention since getting a few no signal messages.
    I have previously done a factory reset which fixed a separate issue where I was getting flickering on the screen when bringing the stb out of standby after it had been in standby for a while.
    I can give that another go, but its a pain if I am going to have to keep doing a factory reset.
    The little one is still watching Raa Raa so I'll give that a go a little later. It will be difficult to tell initially if it has helped as I only see this issue infrequently.

I would think this is down to a poorly fitted f-connector at one end or other.

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 22:22:18 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

moshep

I am about as confident as I can be that the connectors are good. I checked the stb end of the cabling when I installed the new box and had not had any issues previously.

I would expect the signal to drop in and out more frequently if it was a poorly fitted connector. And I only had to put the stb into standby to get the signal back straight away, I would expect there to been some cable jiggling required if the connector was at fault. I'll concede that I am no expert on this though :-).

| Mon 14 Jan 2013 11:51:32 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

moshep

Just a quick update on my issue with the signal. I've done a factory reset and so far, I have not had this issue again. I will (obviously) keep an eye on this over a longer period before considering it completely fixed though.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 11:10:56 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.