My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

NO SIGNAL!

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RGOn-Humax

I've had my HDR-FOXt2 for years; last year I upgraded the HDD to 2tb and it has worked perfectly - until a few weeks ago. Then the dreaded NO SIGNAL: tried swapping HDMI cables and ports and it ventually came back: FOR A FEW DAYS (all 3 HDMI ports on the LG TV work fine with the Blu-Ray player AND the VHS via a SCART to HDMI converter). Same thing happened, but no amount of swapping, etc. would cure it, so I tried the SCART to HDMI converter: result, success FOR A FEW DAYS. I tried everything I could find suggested (on this and other sites), but nothing cured the problem. Then I found an old Video lead (RED + WHITE + YELLOW RCA/RHONO plugs) and all is sweetness and light.
    Has anyone got any ideas what may have been going on?

| Wed 21 Jun 2017 22:02:49 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A good possibility is your HDMI lead is interfering with your coax interconnects. Generally caused by poorly screened coax cables. Best to make your own using double screened satellite grade cable (WF100/PF100) use screw on f connectors and belling lee converters where needed. Try and seperate hdmi cabling and coax cabling as much as possible. You could also try a different hdmi cable.

The connection you are using gives the worst possible SD only picture quality (Composite (CVBS) Video).

| Thu 22 Jun 2017 11:35:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RGOn-Humax

Graham, thanks for the info. I'll try that when we get into our new home, hopefully in mid-September.
    In the meantime, I've had no problem with the Composite Video connection: I appreciate that it isn't the greatest, but it's an awful lot better than nothing!!

| Thu 27 Jul 2017 10:47:02 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.