My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

No Signal

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

teeward

Help!
    Ive had my Youview dtrT2000 for over a year and its worked fine but last night it now suddenly says "no signal", It powers up ok and I think it was recording ok lastnight (I could hear it humming slightly when it was set to record)

I have tried the following:
    Unplugging at the mains and leaving off for a while before plugging back in
    Ive tried a different hdmi cable
    ive tried a different hdmi cable in a different port on the tv
    Tried a scart lead instead of hdmi
    Have tested aerial direct into back of tv - works fine.

I don't know what else to try - help!!

(I have lots of recordings that I really don't want to lose)

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 12:58:54 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I take it the box is out of warranty ? If so try disconnecting the hard drive to see if the box then boots up to display live TV.

Welcome to our forum by the way

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 13:13:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

teeward

Thanks!

....im not sure re warranty, I think ive had It about 18mths but I cannot find the box/manual or receipt anywhere, typical

Hmmm, disconnect the hard drive? ....and how do I do that?! (im not remotely practical or technical minded!!)

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 13:18:58 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

teeward - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks!
    ....im not sure re warranty, I think ive had It about 18mths but I cannot find the box/manual or receipt anywhere, typical
    Hmmm, disconnect the hard drive? ....and how do I do that?! (im not remotely practical or technical minded!!)

New Humax kit registered with Humax carries a 2 yr warranty. Phone them and ask if have a registered warranty. To disconnect the hard drive you have to remove the case lid which means breaking the warranty seal. The hard drive should be very obvious, most likely mounted in a carrier that is secured with 4 screws. I don't have your box but I do have two HDR-FOX-T2's.

Typical 3.5" sata hard disk.

http://www.ebuyer.com/393828-toshiba-1tb-3-5-sata-desktop-hard-drive-dt01aca100?mkwid=sERtydbN4_dc&pcrid=51508054739&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=Cj0KEQiAzZHEBRD0ivi9_pDzgYMBEiQAtvxt-Dc6zCh1LMaELqrNCTs66CbBWGR4yq8_ux_GFGgweCYaAoqV8P8HAQ

The drive enclosure should be connected to the motherboard with two obvious plug in connectors (power and data) one usually secured with a clip you press in to disconnect. Remove both. You can try booting with the lid off but keep your fingers out of the box as it has unshielded mains connections, or pop the lid back on. Fortunately replacing the hard disk in Humax pvrs is very simple. It might be possible to recover the programme content if the hard disk is what is stopping the box booting. Bit late now, you could have saved your recordings to a usb drive (I am assuming it's like a HDR-FOX-T2 in that you can copy all recordings to usb, SD ones are decrypted on copying, HD ones aren't, but as they are going to be played back on the same box that doesn't matter.

It might not be the hard disk it could be the tuner module has packed up. Other members might have changed a tuner unit and possibly could help.

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 13:32:35 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I have moved this thread to the correct area - YouView.

1. Try a restart - touch and keep touching the power button on front of unit for 8 seconds, unit should then restart.

If that fails the next thing to try would be a maintenance mode reset see:

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode

Failing that:

If this is a retail unit can you remember if you registered it with Humax for the extended 2 year warranty?

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 13:42:05 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

teeward

Err, yep that sounds far to technical for me!! Will ring them tomoro to see if im in warranty or not, im probably a day out of it!!

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 13:42:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

teeward

Barry - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Welcome to our Forum
    I have moved this thread to the correct area - YouView.
    1. Try a restart - touch and keep touching the power button on front of unit for 8 seconds, unit should then restart.
    If that fails the next thing to try would be a maintenance mode reset see:
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode
    Failing that:
    If this is a retail unit can you remember if you registered it with Humax for the extended 2 year warranty?

ok ive tried a restart, its wirring but nothing happening on screen apart from the no signal message.

gonna try a maintenance thing, which option do I choose? factory reset with keep programmes? ...and what is the navigation button?? I only have a small power button in corner and round thing in the middle that lights up - is that it?! sorry, im really not very techy!

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 14:02:01 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No need to apologise, we all have to learn

Factory reset, Keep programmes.

The 'round thing in the middle that lights up' is the Navigation button.

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 14:17:00 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sorry for the interuption but I'm slightly confused by this discussion concentrating just on the DTR-T2000.

How do we know that the aerial and its leads or any mastamp are still working?

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 14:37:20 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 58 seconds ago  » 
    Sorry for the interuption but I'm slightly confused by this discussion concentrating just on the DTR-T2000.
    How do we know that the aerial and its leads or any mastamps are still working?

The OP said he had transferred his aerial to the TV directly and was able to watch Freeview channels.

Have tested aerial direct into back of tv - works fine.

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 14:39:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.