My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

No Signal

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

teeward

teeward - 3 hours ago  » 

Barry - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Welcome to our Forum
    I have moved this thread to the correct area - YouView.
    1. Try a restart - touch and keep touching the power button on front of unit for 8 seconds, unit should then restart.
    If that fails the next thing to try would be a maintenance mode reset see:
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode
    Failing that:
    If this is a retail unit can you remember if you registered it with Humax for the extended 2 year warranty?

ok ive tried a restart, its wirring but nothing happening on screen apart from the no signal message.
    gonna try a maintenance thing, which option do I choose? factory reset with keep programmes? ...and what is the navigation button?? I only have a small power button in corner and round thing in the middle that lights up - is that it?! sorry, im really not very techy!

Ok so I cant even get it to go into maintenance mode im doing exactly what the instructions say, holding the down navigation button for however many seconds but its not bringing anything up on the tv screen other than the "no signal"

The navigation button lights up bright and I can hear it "wirring" inside the unit but that's it! Then after a while the light button dims.

Is it the end of the road for me and my youview box?!

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 17:44:57 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

teeward

Luke - 3 hours ago  » 
    Sorry for the interuption but I'm slightly confused by this discussion concentrating just on the DTR-T2000.
    How do we know that the aerial and its leads or any mastamp are still working?

I tried the aerial into tv and its fine, all channels ok. Also tried a different hdmi cable and port.

Cant even get it into maintenance mode

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 17:47:50 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I suspect on reflection the 'no signal' message is being originated by the TV.

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV, and are they working OK?

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 19:03:52 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

teeward

Barry - 54 minutes ago  » 
    I suspect on reflection the 'no signal' message is being originated by the TV.
    Do you have any other devices connected to the TV, and are they working OK?

You star!! .....I had a DVD player in the other hdmi port which I've just tried & that too said No signal!!. I'd tried the T2000 in the other port this morning but it didn't occur to me that it could be the ports on my tv not working. I'd also tried a scart lead this morning but what I hadn't noticed was that that scart lead had some bent pins so I've just tried another scart lead & hey presto, it works!!! Yey! .....although I'm guessing my tv is on its way out & there's no way to fix the hdmi input. I'll just have to put up with the not so good picture quality on the scart lead for now, at least it's working!! Thanks for your help!

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 20:06:23 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Glad to hear you have had some success.

You could try a reset on the TV if it has such an option in the menu's - but that is straw clutching a little to be honest.

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 20:44:12 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.