My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

NO SIGNAL and BLACK SCREEN

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JudyP

Hi I'm a new Forum user

I keep getting a black screen on my brand new, bought 4th Feb, Humax 1000S, mainly when I stop using the playback. Sometimes it is possible to kick start it again using 201 and sometimes nothing at all for hours, needing to turn off and start again. Also this usually correlates to there being NO SIGNAL on both tuners, or at least on one tuner.

I've been back to the retailer several times in the last 8 weeks, they have replaced the box, the LNB twice, and checked all the cabling. Sadly the fault is still there. My retailer rang HUMAX today and I was told that they (Humax) don't understand what the problem is and that the box will have to go back! Bought the Freesat because of dreadful Freeview, but that Humax box was brilliant. Very disappointed indeed. Lots of recordings haven't worked because there is no signal. I am new to this Forum. What should I do please? Thank you

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 22:14:28 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

If after playback and you get a blank screen, have you tried pressing the back button?

Where are you seeing No Signal, is it a message you see on screen or via System Information Signal Info?
    When the LNB was changed, did anyone check the dish alignment to see if it was pointing towards the correct satellites?

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 22:46:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JudyP

hi gonzo, i haven't tried the back button; the 'no signal' is via the system unfo signal info; and no i don't think the dish alignment was checked (though the dish points in the same direction as all the others in the road.

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 23:07:10 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

If I were you then I'd get the dish alignment checked as although it may look like it's pointing the same direction as others, it only needs to be a few millimetres out up,down,left or right to cause reception issues.

| Thu 3 Apr 2014 8:27:01 #4 |
  5. grumpybrush

grumpybrush

Donator ££££

I have a similar issue, but have not tracked down the exact circumstances. If I use an OD program via my ethernet wired internet connection *sometimes* on returning to the TV channel being watched there is a blank screen, no sound & the channel display in the 1000S is blank. I just tried it now & it seems to be OK if there is an exit option on the OD program as with BBC iPlayer. If you're using an OD program like 4OD which does not seem to have an exit function & you use the remote's exit key or back key to get back to the TV then you get a blank status & no sound. Under these conditions if you go to the settings option & display the information about the device including the option to show signal strength then there is no signal showing. If you go back to the TV guide & select another channel (does not seem to matter which one) then all is well. I can create these conditions at will so it is almost certainly to do with the software & any exit codes generated or not by the OD program. With BBC iPlayer when watching a programme the TV channel being viewed still displays. With 4OD it's not and the name of the player shows in the status display.

| Sat 5 Apr 2014 17:38:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

This problem you have described was introduced in the Jan s/w update and reported by many users to Freesat, to date they have not acknowledged it or fixed it.

| Sat 5 Apr 2014 20:17:44 #6 |
  7. grumpybrush

grumpybrush

Donator ££££

Pollensa1946 - 14 hours ago  » 
    This problem you have described was introduced in the Jan s/w update and reported by many users to Freesat, to date they have not acknowledged it or fixed it.

Thanks for that. I can of course work around this issue but it's just a tad irking that what is generally a good piece of kit and the overall service is OK, can be spoiled in this way. No doubt I'll understand more as my exposure to this platform increases. Thanks again.

| Sun 6 Apr 2014 10:51:10 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I should add that it also frequently happens when backing out of a recording, which is the context in which I discovered it. There is a debate here on the official Freesat forum...
    Freesat forum

| Sun 6 Apr 2014 10:59:22 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.