My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No signal being received

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Orkney

I gave up watching tv about a year ago and turned off the humax box.
    With the lockdown the family have been badgering me to spark it back up again and buy a new tv licence.
    I plugged the box back in and it still works fine but no signal! Just before I disconnected it last year I had an engineer out to fit a new lnb and it was all working fine.
    Have I missed something obvious or will I have to get the engineer back out to look at the dish? Are they even working at the moment?

| Sun 19 Apr 2020 19:02:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Orkney - 2 mins ago  » 
    I gave up watching tv about a year ago and turned off the humax box.
    With the lockdown the family have been badgering me to spark it back up again and buy a new tv licence.
    I plugged the box back in and it still works fine but no signal! Just before I disconnected it last year I had an engineer out to fit a new lnb and it was all working fine.
    Have I missed something obvious or will I have to get the engineer back out to look at the dish? Are they even working at the moment?

What bit of it still works fine ?

What can you do with it ?

Having been off for such a long period your channel database is likely way out of date.

Do you have an epg entry on channel 999 labelled Freesat with no epg data ?

If so do a factory reset, this should correct all the errors you have accumulated without the box being powered up for weeks.

| Sun 19 Apr 2020 19:09:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Orkney

It won't go to channel 999. It says channel not available. All the home page is there with settings etc but it just says no signal being received.

| Sun 19 Apr 2020 20:01:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Orkney

I've just done a factory reset and it's still saying no signal.
    I think I'll have to get someone out to look at the dish.

| Sun 19 Apr 2020 20:54:42 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Orkney - 13 hours ago  » 
    It won't go to channel 999. It says channel not available. All the home page is there with settings etc but it just says no signal being received.

999 is a data channel from the freesat home transponder - without this you cannot get past the postcode check. You could try a full non freesat scan for FTA channels only

https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

This should get you around 450 channels.

Have you had any high winds during the period you haven't been using the dish ?

If so chances are the dish has moved. It only takes a tiny movement to miss 28.2E by miles.

If you can access the dish with some help you can align it yourself just using the boxes built in metering.

If you can get to the dish I can post instructions. You need someone to report the diagnostics so a pair of mobile phones is handy.

| Mon 20 Apr 2020 9:56:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Orkney

I'll get the engineer in to have a look. Our dish is really high up so I'm not risking my neck on a ladder

| Mon 20 Apr 2020 14:49:29 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Orkney

Sorted - engineer came out and the lnb had gone - again! We had it replaced just over a year ago

| Tue 21 Apr 2020 12:23:12 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.