My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No signal during installation after factory reset

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Graham

Where do I go now? I have done a factory reset of this box due to the on screen display (titles and menu etc) suddenly shrinking dramatically in size! hard to read from the armchair!
    I could find anywhere on the menu that corrected the issue so decided to do a factory reset.

Having done the reset, the installation wizard starts but I cannot get past the post code entry because the box is not recognising the satellite signal. I have tried pulling the mains power and restarting but the same problems occurs, NO Satellite signal being received.

The box had been previously updated in February with the latest software.

Is there anyhtinh else I can do, the signal was fine before reset.

| Mon 20 May 2013 10:17:07 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would guess that the freesat transponder signal (on 28.5E rather than 28.2E) was not OK before. Watching any channel with an adequate signal would keep the EPG refreshed - so with the channels populated you could think all was well unless you hit another frequency with problems. Try a manual tune of the freesat transponder on 11428 H 27500 2/3 (It is also used to transmit channel 407)

I would also check the F connectors are well fitted.

| Mon 20 May 2013 10:43:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Graham

REPASSAC - 38 minutes ago  » 
    I would guess that the freesat transponder signal (on 28.5E rather than 28.2E) was not OK before. Watching any channel with an adequate signal would keep the EPG refreshed - so with the channels populated you could think all was well unless you hit another frequency with problems. Try a manual tune of the freesat transponder on 11428 H 27500 2/3 (It is also used to transmit channel 407)

Thanks for the reply, now how do I do a manual tune because I am stuck in the installation wizard?
    I have connected up an old sky + box and both inputs are registering OK, although they could probably be better but the picture is good.

| Mon 20 May 2013 11:33:13 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Graham - 19 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 38 minutes ago  » 

Thanks for the reply, now how do I do a manual tune because I am stuck in the installation wizard?
    I have connected up an old sky + box and both inputs are registering OK, although they could probably be better but the picture is good.

Use add channels on the Sky box to scan 11428 H (parameters as above). If you have access amongst other stuff you should find FASHION ONE. If no channels your dish/lnb/coax cables need checking. It might be as simple as tweaking the lnb skew (twist in it's holder).

| Mon 20 May 2013 11:55:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Graham

Thanks Graham,

This indeed prove to be the case! The dish needed to be moved and tweaked.

The nice people at http://www.moultonaerials.co.uk/index came and double checked it and moved the location.

It seems that REPASSAC's theory was right. Connected Humax box and found signals straight away. Now I even get a couple more channels that were missing!
    I still dont know why the menu display shrunk in the first place to cause me to do a factory reset but at least now my signal is much much better, and just goes to show that because it was working before doesn't mean it will continue after something like a reset.

Anyway thank you fella's for your assistance.

| Mon 20 May 2013 14:49:45 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.