My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

"No Signal" error when TV switched on

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

arkspur

I have been using an HDR FOX T2 with a Samsung Series 6 LED TV for about a month.

In the last few days, I have found that when I switch the TV on (actually activate from standby as Samsung don't make it easy to switch their TVs off), instead of displaying whatever channel the Humax box is tuned to, the TV reports a "No Signal" error. To overcome this, I have to switch the Humax box to standby then back on again; the signal is then found and displayed.

This is annoying at the best of times but is really problematic if I want to switch on the TV to watch a programme while the Humax box is recording and I don't want to interrupt the recording.

As it is not possible to rewind the programme that the Humax box has been tuned in to unless the TV had been on during that period, I guess there has to be some communication between the TV and the Humax box when the TV is switched on, and perhaps this "handshake is what is not happening without manual intervention?

The Humax box and the TV are connected with an HDMI cable.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated. Thanks.

| Sat 21 Jan 2012 14:33:55 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try

Selecting another input on the TV and go back to the correct hdmi input

or

Cycle through the vformat options.

Either should force the TV to renegotiate HDCP handshake

Welcome to the forum.

| Sat 21 Jan 2012 14:46:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

acb207

Ha I know this one the trick is to turn on you humax first and when it is fully on then turn on your TV

| Mon 30 Jan 2012 14:15:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reginald

Hi.

My Panasonic TV has an option to set the default channel (ie input source) on switch-on. Does you Samsung TV have this option perhaps?

Reg.

| Mon 30 Jan 2012 14:19:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

Swap the hdmi plugs on the back to make the humax hdmi worked for me. I had the green screen using hdmi2 but switching to hdmi sorted it.

| Sat 18 Feb 2012 19:22:56 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.