My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No signal on 2 Humax's but Manhatan ok.

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

OursoulsDad

New satellite dish installation feeds 4 new Freesat boxes: Humax 1000S and 1010S, plus two Manhattan PLaza HD T2. Installer confirms satellite signals and Manhattans work fine, but Humaxs say there is no signal and won't install. I cannot believe 2 Humax boxes are dud so what am I missing?

| Wed 3 Jun 2015 21:56:25 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

This might be down to borderline reception of one frequency 11426 H. The Humax's only look for this frequency on first install and use it to validate postcode. It comes from a slightly different satellite position from most together with a few other (non mainstream) channels. To prove this take one of the Humax's to a friends and do the install. When you get back home it will function normally - unless you reset the unit.

So my guess is the dish is slightly west of 28.2E so that reception of 28.5E is marginal.

| Thu 4 Jun 2015 7:28:52 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try again - not sure if Eutelsat have done something or it's better weather. Home transponder is 100/100 this morning on my Foxsat-hdr.

| Thu 4 Jun 2015 9:46:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

OursoulsDad

Thanks everyone. The satellite dish installer realigned the dish and redid a couple of cables and all seems to work fine now. For one moment, I thought I was going to join the "hate Humax" brigade (see John Lewis site - split 50/50 on love hate of Humax.)

| Thu 4 Jun 2015 23:37:25 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.