My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No Signal on either line 1 or 2 Help

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

blackrat

I see a number of similar topics but non appear to help me. I have purchased a freesat HDR 1010s yesterday and tried to install it. It reported no signal on lines 1 or 2 despite repeatedly trying. Also lengthened the core of connectors and swapped everything I can, all to no avail.

Have tried our older Humax Foxsat HDR from another room and it DID work!

Then, (being on a roll), I tried to new 1010s in the room where the foxsat works, it recorded no signals, then briefly did, and then lost it altogether.

Signal strength / quality is not too bad 80% / 80%, perfectly good for the Foxsat.

What I don't now is if the new 1010 is faulty, or just requires a stronger signal than older Humax kit.

I don't seem to be able to get past the setup to try factory reset as others have.

Any suggestions or advice would be very gratefully received.

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 13:53:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

blackrat

UPDATE: I have now managed to get into menu and tried software update and factory restore, and still no signal is picked up when search is carried out. Beginning to suspect the unit. Any ideas?

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 16:37:21 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sounds to be faulty to me. Compared to a Foxsat-hdr setup is normally very quick on the freetime unit. I would get it exchanged.

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 16:40:27 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Just a suggestion - try a factory reset on the Foxsat. This will prove you are getting a 28.5E signal. At first install that is where both units are looking for the freesat transponder.

If the Foxsat does not also have the same problem then the HDR-1010S is faulty. If it does have the same problem then your disk is a little out - OK for all the main channels on 28.2E but not getting 28.5E.

If you have a friend with a dish you could also test the HDR-1010S there.

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 16:53:43 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Just a suggestion - try a factory reset on the Foxsat. This will prove you are getting a 28.5E signal. At first install that is where both units are looking for the freesat transponder.
    If the Foxsat does not also have the same problem then the HDR-1010S is faulty. If it does have the same problem then your disk is a little out - OK for all the main channels on 28.2E but not getting 28.5E.
    If you have a friend with a dish you could also test the HDR-1010S there.

Good call, you can check for the freesat home transponder on the Foxsat by simply checking channel 999 Freesat Info is available. This won't work on the freetime unit (999 is not present).

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 17:10:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

blackrat

Hi,

Thank you both for the info. When I try channel 999 on the Foxsat I get a 'no or bad signal' message. Does this mean the dish is slightly out of alignment?
    If I do a factory reset on the foxsat could that cause problems. No TV in the house on Saturday night will end badly for me!!!
    Thanks again

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 17:49:24 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

blackrat

Hi,

Thank you both for the info. When I try channel 999 on the Foxsat I get a 'no or bad signal' message. Does this mean the dish is slightly out of alignment?
    If I do a factory reset on the foxsat could that cause problems. No TV in the house on Saturday night will end badly for me!!!
    Thanks again

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 18:08:36 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Hello blackrat,
    It looks that way. However 28.5E is due to end sometime soon (anyone any idea when). If you can take the HDR-1000S to a friends and set it up it may function OK at your place as the Foxsat does.

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 19:12:05 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

blackrat

Hi,

That is really helpful, I will give it a go and let you know.

Much appreciated

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 19:52:24 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

blackrat - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    Thanks again

If you do a factory reset on the Foxsat it will fail the postcode validation test. For the sale of marital harmony, stick with it until you can get your dish re-aligned :-).

It will fail to setup just the same as your freetime box.

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 20:22:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.